Uploading Website Access Manager on a...

User 117201 Photo

58 posts

The folder I want to password protect on my on my GoDaddy account is ztest. Is the attached figure the correct way to upload this?

Thanks,

Phil
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The server root path is incorrect. You must use the auto-detect option. Also, Godaddy has a 1 hr time delay from when you first upload your htaccess file.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Phillip,

I assume you have entered the folder you want to protect into the entry.

Have you tried clicking on the browse button and then just selecting the correct folder?

That is what I have done each time I setup a new site.

If you really want to use the advanced feature, understand that it will likely look strange. Mine looks like this:
/server/homepages/digits/account#/htdocs/

I have removed the server name and digits and account number.
User 117201 Photo

58 posts

Thanks a lot for the help I seems to be working great.

Phil
User 117201 Photo

58 posts

I purchased the full version of WAM, uninstalled the trial and installed the full version. I uploaded to Godady (have approx. 75 names and password), and waited at least 3 three hours. When I go to my web site folder I get the pop-up put in my user name and password but the pop-up keeps coming back. I checked the server the .htaccess file is in the folder I want protected and the .htpasswd file is in the server home directory. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Phil
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Phillip in your earlier post you said it seems to be working great. Did you make any changes on your server? The registered version and trial version will not behaving any differently on your server.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 117201 Photo

58 posts

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. It’s working like a charm now, here is what I did: went into WAM clicked on remove from my server after that I used Directed FTP and remove the .htpasswd files. Uploaded again to the server went out to dinner came back a few hours later and it works.

Phil
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

So everything is now ok?
User 117201 Photo

58 posts

Yes, everything seems to ge working good.

Thanks,

Phil
User 626619 Photo

2 posts

I'm having the same exact problem that Phil had with the Login window continuously popping up after entering the correct username and password. Following Phil's steps when he had this issue, I have removed WAM from my server (GoDaddy), re-uploaded it, waited a few hours and tried it again with the issue still coming up. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.