Upload Issues - Post ID 132349

User 2058633 Photo

3 posts

I have been using WAM for awhile with no issues (LOVE IT!). I am a graphic designer, and I often need to supply customers with files that are too large for email. WAM is used to password protect these .ZIP files on the site.

For the past month-ish, even after running the recent WAM update, uploading is "sticking" on the UPLOADING PASSWORD FILE portion of the server update. Let me be more specific.

If I make a change to any file/folder, I have the above sticking issue. It just hangs there. So I manually go in through Filezilla, remove all instances of htaccess and htpassword within the hosting, and then I am able to upload the update through WAM. ONCE. After that, the same issue occurs.

Also, even after this, or if I make no changes at all and just enter the program to reference something and close it, I get the UPLOAD MODIFIED FOLDERS popup telling me (1) Folder has been modified - when, in fact, it has not. I clicked YES once just to see if it would upload, but again it hung.

I really don't want to have to reinstall the program as I don't want to lose all of my clients' IDs and PWs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Cyndi,

I would suggest you open a support ticket for this issue, sounds like there's something going on that may be above and beyond what the user support forums can help you with, and CC techs may need some access that you can't do for everyone on forums. Good luck with it and let us know what was wrong in case it is something that someone else may have an issue with. :)
User 2058633 Photo

3 posts

Thank you, Jo Ann!
User 444460 Photo

33 posts

I'm having the same issue. Has there been any resolution or fix?

Michael
User 418312 Photo

40 posts

I had the same issue with it freezing on the "uploading password file" when using SFTP to connect...I did open a support ticket, tried a number of things with the wonderful tech support here at CoffeeCup (they are SO patient!) - but the issue using SFTP wasn't resolved. Tried using SSL Explicit, but there's problems with it accepting the security certificate on upload only (not on log-in, it logs in fine).

Support said they'd send it off to development, but since it wasn't a widespread issue it probably won't be addressed soon.

My server is requiring SFTP or SSL Explicit protocols...they won't accept standard FTP anymore because they were apparently hacked. I may change servers so I can use WAM again...but for now, I"m looking into other possibilities.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Michael,

I would suggest you also put in a ticket to Support to see if they can help you resolve your issue. Never know, it could be something different that is causing it for you than it is for the others. Good luck to you on it also and hopefully they will get you up and running successfully :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.