Update on WAM? - Post ID 209021

User 437868 Photo

35 posts

I was just wondering if there will be an upcoming update for WAM. I usually use WAM with the GoDaddy hosting, but it seems with their new hosting that it is not really compatible now. It gives you an error screen saying 500 Internal Server Error. They were saying something about HTML4 and other stuff I really didn't understand. I have another site that uses WAM and it still works with an older GoDaddy hosting account. Thank goodness I did not update that account before I realized what was happening. My quick fix was to purchase CC's other password software, but that does not really secure the site. As most people here, I would love see WAM work with S-drive. I have been switching most of my hosting over to CC but this has created a bit of a snag. Thanks so much!!
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

I use WAM v4 build 214 on a GoDaddy 4G Linux hosted site, and it works very well. Don't think that is your problem.

Have you changed anything else in your account or web site lately?
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would suggest you open a support ticket with CC so the CC Team can give you assistance on this. It's most likely something in the server that is doing it since it works for the other one and for most of us too, but they would probably be able to help you more with this.

You can open a support ticket by doing the following:

Go to the top right of the website here
Click account then Your Support Room
Start support topic and ask the same question there.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Website Access Manager is a server based technology, so it really has nothing to do with HTML. Godaddy has 2 platforms however and if you are on a Windows server, you cannot use this program as IIS does not support htaccess. You need to be on a Linux server.

Other then that, it will work perfectly on Godaddy. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 437868 Photo

35 posts

I do have Linux, but I will double check it again. Back to my other question, will it be compatible with S-drive in the near future? I was trying to move all hosting to CC and not have to pay for additional hosting elsewhere just for that.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Melanie B wrote:
I do have Linux, but I will double check it again. Back to my other question, will it be compatible with S-drive in the near future? I was trying to move all hosting to CC and not have to pay for additional hosting elsewhere just for that.

There are plans to offer support for htaccess on S-Drive in the near future.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2260066 Photo

1 post

I've no idea if this is the right place but can someone here answer my question...
How do protect a single page (blocking access to a particular section of my site) not the whole website?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

L COLLINS wrote:
I've no idea if this is the right place but can someone here answer my question...
How do protect a single page (blocking access to a particular section of my site) not the whole website?

Just select the individual file that you want to protect and not the root folder of your server.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.