Unable to select home directory...

User 1119227 Photo

17 posts

I’m trying to setup WAM and am encountering a problem navigating to the folder where the website index html file and sub folders I want to protect are.
The path that I have been trying to enter in the FTP setup is something like this:
Home/website/mainwebsite_html/documents
The folder “mainwebsite_html” is where all the files and folders are and the “documents” folder the one I wish to protect.
The problem is that I am unable to navigate beyond the “website” portion of the directory structure.
All of the folders and files beyond the “website” do not show in the server pane, despite having the path spelled out exactly the same in the advanced section of the WAM FTP as it appears in my Direct FTP software. (All folders are visible in Direct FTP)
The only folder I can see and navigate to in the WAM FTP is the email folder within the first tier of the tree.
Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
User 331098 Photo

26 posts

I'm in the same boat, except I think for me it's an issue with using a server that doesn't have a direct path to our website. We share the server with multiple organizations. How can I enter the exact server address in WAM - as far as I can tell it's not letting me enter, but only browse to find this.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

When you have entered the password and user name (in WAM) for the site, then look at the bottom of that pane, and you'll see something like 'autodetect' the server root. You may have to click 'advanced' first to see that option.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 331098 Photo

26 posts

Tried this, but it still doesn't get me to the directory tree I need, unfortunately. Thanks -

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.