Test email - authentication failure...

User 1575907 Photo

1 post

Just thought I'd add a quick note. Mine was giving me the same problem. What ended up working is:

I used the SSL port (given to me on my email account screen shot at godaddy.)
I checked the SSL box and then also selected the "log on using" and re-entered the same info there as above.

None of the non-SSL ports worked and nothing else I tried worked except this.

Hope this works for someone else too!! :)
User 217790 Photo

45 posts

Is this still an issue? I've had WAM for a while. I use it to protect websites, but never have been successful in getting the email settings correct in any version. I get the same response as bladeraider back in 2010. I know the settings are correct and the email works. I am able to import the CSV file from my CC WFB, just can't email from within WAM. That would make it perfect in my opinion. Still great, but would like to email from within.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Daniel Wheeler wrote:
Is this still an issue? I've had WAM for a while. I use it to protect websites, but never have been successful in getting the email settings correct in any version. I get the same response as bladeraider back in 2010. I know the settings are correct and the email works. I am able to import the CSV file from my CC WFB, just can't email from within WAM. That would make it perfect in my opinion. Still great, but would like to email from within.

It should be. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/website … post233595

Updated email SMTP control.

I have never had a server that I tested fail.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 217790 Photo

45 posts

I sent a test email from WAM to one of the users. I used a template. Don't know if went. Haven't got it yet, but it indicated it sent. I saw at the bottom the Name of the person and stated it was done. Now just waiting to see if I get email.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Daniel Wheeler wrote:
I sent a test email from WAM to one of the users. I used a template. Don't know if went. Haven't got it yet, but it indicated it sent. I saw at the bottom the Name of the person and stated it was done. Now just waiting to see if I get email.

Make sure to check your SPAM folder too.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.