Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website...

User 2072116 Photo

1 post

I would like to be able to use a form (from CC Form Builder); extract the required information; and then pass that information to the server to log the user on. This would enable me to create my own log on form.
User 514805 Photo

2 posts

I desire a 'one-click' method to remove a specific page from the 'security pool'. I have secured my entire directory, and anyone who visits www.sweetsingletrack.ca is immediatly faced with a website login. I would however, like new users / potential clients to be able to see the index.html file which sports a blurb about the product I am trying to sell (access to a trailguide website).

I would like to be able to exclude the index.html file in order that it provide information about the site - and then have clients be able to click on a link that would take them to a file that I have titled indexb.html. It is the actual 'host' file (main website file with a multitude of links to GPS and map data).

I'm sure that I could individually add html files for each user, but given the number of html pages that I would like to give each user access to (60 or so), that would be a royal PITA given the number of users I expect...

Andrew Drouin
www.sweetsingletrack.ca
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

The problem with that lies in how .htaccess works on web servers, and is outside the control of the WAM program. The access control applies to an entire directory, and cannot be applied to specific files. Nothing Coffee Cup can do about that.

To achieve what you want you'd have to start by having the index.html be the only page in the root directory, and move everything else to a subfolder or subfolders and then add access control to those subfolders while leaving the root directory open.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 514805 Photo

2 posts

'Spinny',

Cool, thanks - that worked... took a few beer to get up the courage to go back and rebuild each and every link in the entire site however! :-)

Andrew D.

User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Great, glad you got it sorted. :cool:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 483999 Photo

9 posts

I would like to see the 'User Permissions' display keep the column width changes that I make.

I find it annoying to have to change the width, in particular the 'Real Name' column each time I use it. It's default settings are too narrow as it also accommodates the check box. If it has to be a fixed width at least make it wider.

A second item that I have suggested before (long time back) is to have the ability to add to the Database Field set so that I can have my own special fields that can be added to the emails that I send. At least let it have all of the fields that show under the tabs in 'Edit User' where data can be entered.

I find it a very useful program not only for control of subscriptions on my web site but also for sending out group messages to my customer base.

I highly recommend it.

Thanks!

David

I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

User 450158 Photo

10 posts

I would like to password protect a chatroom forum.

Am I asking too much for this program?

I would like them to be able to manage their passwords, and, I would like to be able to SEE their IP address some way so it can be blocked if there are problems.

You say we can block the address, but do you SHOW us the address?

If the room java script is in my protected folder pages, will it still be protected or does it get nullified some way?

Also, can there be more personality to the members, like a members page?

I'm probably asking too much, but that is what I want. :rolleyes:
User 2055264 Photo

2 posts

I would love to see the option to use groups of users in addition to the individual user access. If I have 100 employees, 200 subscribers, 50 special guests, 40 authors, etc (as groups of users), it would be great to assign permissions to new folders by just clicking 1 or 2 groups instead of clicking 340 users.
BTW - I love this program!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Paul,

This can easily be accomplished by making one single user and passing that information on to your group. The only difference would be that everyone would use the same ID and Password.
User 2055264 Photo

2 posts

Thanks Jo Ann - I actually am using that suggestion now. However I also need individual access for other things and must give everyone in my organization a unique user/pass fairly soon. I won't be able to use a single user/pass for a group any more.

Anyway, I'm still requesting this as a feature: the ability to use groups. Thanks again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.