Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website...

User 11891 Photo

1 post

once you login with your user name and password the page still remains accessable even after you close the page you can go back to the page without logging back in. Is there a way to login each time you go back to that page?
Also is there a way to see the existing users that was setup for a page so you know who is aready setup before add additional users.
One more thing I would like to say, is your support is great and the best I've ever worked with...
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Stephen Marshall wrote:
Hi

I have been trying to create a Log Out feature on my protected html pages I have tried the codes you help files supplied, but still no luck. Could anyone help please?

SW Marshall

Have you tried any of these methods?

https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … t-feature/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Fred Loulis wrote:
once you login with your user name and password the page still remains accessable even after you close the page you can go back to the page without logging back in. Is there a way to login each time you go back to that page?
Also is there a way to see the existing users that was setup for a page so you know who is aready setup before add additional users.
One more thing I would like to say, is your support is great and the best I've ever worked with...

There is no way that I know of to do this. Once you authenticate, you are in and will remain in until the browser is closed. Depending on how their browser is configured, they may only be seeing a cached version of the site as well.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Here's an interesting tidbit about cached site pages.

One of my friends had seen a hard drive on sale at a well known online electronics store just this past Christmas, like a few days before (not mentioning names since google spiders these forums regularly lol). He himmed and hawwed trying to decide to buy or not and got sidetracked and forgot all about the sale and it ended before he got a chance to make a decision.

About a couple weeks later (give or take a day or so) he's cleaning up his bookmarks and still searching for a decent sale on hard drives and comes across the bookmark he had saved from that sale 2 weeks ago. He loads up the page and low and behold it's still the same page he had cached when the sale was going on and it's really a great discount and he has the money since this was just after Christmas and he got money for presents.

He proceeds to see if he can actually still get that price and guess what? He did lol. Last minute Christmas sale price was pretty slashed and he got like almost 50% off the thing.

That's the power and the downfall of cached pages. Sure wish there was a way to force uncaching, but until there is guys, watch your orders for sale prices that don't exist at the time of the orders :)
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Have you seen these codes/scripts Jo Ann?

<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="Expires" content="0" />

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function reloadIt() {
var clocktime = new Date();
var utchours = clocktime.getUTCHours();
var utcminutes = clocktime.getUTCMinutes();
var utcseconds = clocktime.getUTCSeconds();
var utcyear = clocktime.getUTCFullYear();
var utcmonth = clocktime.getUTCMonth()+1;
var utcday = clocktime.getUTCDate();

if (utchours <10) { utchours = "0" + utchours }
if (utcminutes <10) { utcminutes = "0" + utcminutes }
if (utcseconds <10) { utcseconds = "0" + utcseconds }
if (utcmonth <10) { utcmonth = "0" + utcmonth }
if (utcday <10) { utcday = "0" + utcday }

var utctime = utcyear + utcmonth + utcday;
utctime += utchours + utcminutes + utcseconds;
x = utctime

isNew = self.location.href
if(!isNew.match('#','x')) {
self.location.replace(isNew + '#' + x)
}
}

//-->
</script>

goes with this one
</head>
<body onLoad="reloadIt()">
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm nope I sure haven't, and they work good Phil?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

I've used them a few times, not had any problems.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

are all 3 of them separate ones or do they all go together to make one script setup?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Jo Ann - The first one is separate from the 2nd and 3rd. Those last two go together, although you could possibly use all three together, never tried that.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

cool thanks Phil, I'll definitely check that out when I'm getting to that point of needing pages to be refreshed which I'm thinking won't be too long from now lol.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.