Send mail from WAM - Post ID 84702

User 1901786 Photo

6 posts

Yes, that is correct.

The ISP (Rogers) are blocking ALL outbound connections to port 25. Basically they ensuring that no PC can be used for relaying purposes. The state that it is a basic attempt to mitigate the SPAM from being generated by or via clients.

A quick check of several large ISPs available in my area revealed that this was common practice.

But when one door closes, another always opens. Using the export feature of WAM, I am able to create a data file for a VB script that I have written that will do the emailing using the ISP SMTP server. An extra step to perform until WAM is updated but there is always more then one way to overcome most obstacles.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you tried the smtp2go.com service?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1901786 Photo

6 posts

Di',

My workaround is to EXPORT those individuals from WAM that I want to email to a CSV file. I then have a VBS (VisualBasic Script) that parses the CSV files and does the emailing.

If you can use smtp2go, then I would pursue that option as Scott suggested. BUT if you cannot use that services (I could not) then I would be happy to send you the script although you would need to have some familiarity with VBS to customize it for your own purposes.

Daniel

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.