Possible Quirk? - Post ID 160771

User 72973 Photo

Ambassador
97 posts

I found something that may be a quirk in the system, and apologise if it has been mentioned before. I first set the redirects to if browser is Mobile Safari (iPhone) and OS is iPhone (to cover third party browsers), then saved and uploaded to server. I tested with my iPhone and redirects worked perfect (although my PC Site button on the mobile site is now useless .. LOL). Next I reopened the Server Config and blocked the bad robots & etc., and clicked the redirect tab to glance but made no changes there. I saved then uploaded to site but when I tested the redirect no longer worked. That is when I noticed that every time I open the Redirect Tab, the selected OS defaults back to Windows from iPhone as in the attached screenshot. Not a big deal if you are expecting it and/or paying attention, but I thought I would mention it anyway.
Attachments:
Robert Bruce
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

One issue I see right away is you are using AND instead of OR. You are saying that this visitor must be on an iPhone AND their OS is Windows.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 72973 Photo

Ambassador
97 posts

The screenshot was showing what it defaulted to. I had initially set it to iPhone OS but every time I close and reopen the redirect tab it defaults back to Windows. I just felt it should stay on what you set it to.

I set it to be using Safari (iPhone) AND be using iPhone OS so that 3rd party browsers on the iPhone would not be redirected. I realize that just the Safari (iPhone) redirect would do that, but the second variable, OS option was so that my testing (playing/learning) using Safari on the PC in iPhone emulation mode would not get automatically redirected since the OS would be Win 7. Am I making sense now?
Robert Bruce

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.