Password Protect Individual Files -...

User 1996502 Photo

5 posts

Is it possible to password protect individual files or only folders? Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can protect both files and folders.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1996502 Photo

5 posts

I'm not quite certain how to do that as the file structure view only displays folders.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Are you using the most recent build? There's been an update just this past week that allows you to do files too now, and the files show up on the tree on the left.

Version should be: 3.0 build 183
User 1996502 Photo

5 posts

Thank you, Wolverana. The version I downloaded was not the most current. I can now see the file structure. I've pwd protected some files and will check the effectiveness of the process in the am.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

glad to hear that's all it was, and an easy fix to update :) gl on the rest of it.
User 1996502 Photo

5 posts

Unfortunately, I'm still having some difficulties. I created a test userid and gave it access to one specific file. If I understand correctly, only that user should now have access to that file via a pop up dialog box. However, I can open the site and go directly to the file without being queried. .htaccess and .htpasswd files are present under the html folder and a .htaccess file is present in the folder where the "restricted" file resides. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jeff wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm still having some difficulties. I created a test userid and gave it access to one specific file. If I understand correctly, only that user should now have access to that file via a pop up dialog box. However, I can open the site and go directly to the file without being queried. .htaccess and .htpasswd files are present under the html folder and a .htaccess file is present in the folder where the "restricted" file resides. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would suggest opening a support ticket as we will need a bit of sensitive information that should not be posted here.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.