Password Expiration - Post ID 155217

I've been using WAM for some time now for my HOA website and so far it has worked great. I am now at the point of having a few user's passwords expiring and don't know what to expect or what I should do. I was surprised that I couldn't find anything in the help files regarding how it works.

What is supposed to happen when a user's password expires? I was hoping that the program would automatically trigger and send an email to the user to renew or something like that.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is where you need to use the Scheduler. When an account expires, you need to re-upload your files so that the expired customer no longer has access to your system. The Scheduler will automate this process for you.

No e-mails however will be sent out. That part you still need to do manually.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
OK, thanks for the quick reply.

I have 120 users set up. How would I know if one of my user's passwords had expired so I can send an email? For some reason, I thought the system automatically sent out an email a week prior to the expiration date and then again when it expired. It seems this would be possible by setting up a schedule for the program to run everyday to check for expiring passwords and then send out emails if required. This would be a great improvement. If this is not possible, I may look for a server side application to handle this.
Does the system provide a report or an alert that would show that passwords have expired?
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Okay, I am watching this thread. What is the scheduler? Is it in the WAM software or do I need to purchase seperately? Please advise. Thanks!
Love those Nikon's!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Nikon wrote:
Okay, I am watching this thread. What is the scheduler? Is it in the WAM software or do I need to purchase seperately? Please advise. Thanks!

It is built into the program. Go to the Tools Menu > Scheduler to access it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Will do tonight. Thanks!
Love those Nikon's!
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Gregory Baer wrote:
Does the system provide a report or an alert that would show that passwords have expired?

TOOLS > OPTIONS > Display > check expiration date

This now shows on the first page displayed when I open my WAM :D
Love those Nikon's!
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Nikon wrote:

It is built into the program. Go to the Tools Menu > Scheduler to access it.

Yep, got it. Thanks!
Love those Nikon's!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.