Overwriting htaccess not appending to...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I just purchased the program and gave it a shot. It is replacing my htaccess file. I basically had the same directives as what the program wrote except mine did have hot link protection and secure htaccess included and now it's gone.

Any ideas?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I have never seen that before Tom as it is specifically designed to append. The only thing that comes to mind is permissions.

I would suggest opening a support ticket and providing us FTP access at the same time so we can take a look at it closer.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

The permissions for the htaccess file is 644 as it should be.

Anybody else experience this?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Tom wrote:
The permissions for the htaccess file is 644 as it should be.

Anybody else experience this?

That is the same permissions that I have here. I just double checked with 2 of my hosting accounts we use for testing (Godaddy and 1&1), both have an existing htaccess file with information in there. When I configure WAM to protect a directory, it always appends our code to the file, preserving what was there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.