Need help on how to set this up :/ -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya,

I just upgraded to the new update for the WAM (ya I know procrastination as it was released a few days back or so already lol). Anyways, it was working fine until I had the FTP problems for moving which I had CC staff help out on, then after that the WAM didn't ask for a password at all so I'm assuming they maybe changed some things to test the FTP problem, which is no problem I don't mind since I knew I was updating the WAM anyways, but...

Now the problem is that I password protected a folder same exact way as I did before, and now my whole site is protected and it can't be accessed. I found this accidently as I was posting a link to a file I uploaded to my images folder for posting in embassy forums. Went to check the graphic to make sure I got the link right and it popped up the ID and PW thing for the site that should only be popping up when accessing the specified folder that I setup for PW right?

I hope I explained this well, but I don't think something is right on the WAM or I didn't do it right if it changed how it works or something, dunno lol, just know my personal site (no biggie at the moment as I have others to upload things to for now lol) is unattainable since setting this up lastnight.

Oh.. before I forget, this didn't take affect immediately like this either. When I set it up I had my friend test it for me and it was fine. I was working on my personal site for a while that night and he was helping me and checking the pages for me online so we were both able to access it without having to worry about any ID or PW but... that could be because we had to input them when accessing the folder that was "intended" to be protected maybe and that let us in the rest of the site? Not sure how that all works lol.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I have opened the program and removed the setup from my site... and it won't stop asking for password etc. even after I rebooted my computer. what do I do to take this off my site till we figure out what is wrong please?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just ignore this entire thread, I had a blonde moment and have since realized that I accidently added the /public_html/ to the list of passworded files so ya... we couldn't get in cuz of that :P As for the removal, not sure why that didn't work, but I guess it's fine as I got help from Scott on how else to remove it so it's all good, sorry for the blonde moment :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.