need database cleaner for Website...

User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

I'm starting to get frustrated with WAM. It seems to be duplicating the access folders in the database AND in the .htaccess files.

I've attached a screen capture of a small sample of the problem.
Notice how the same file is mentioned over and over and over and... well you get the idea.

Sometimes when I enable access to one file... it removes access to other files for ALL of the users.

Do you have any sort of database cleanup utility? Something that removes all of the duplicates? I've tried to use the tools/ show protection status function to remove all of the duplicates, but then it tries to upload all of it and the program crashes. I have to abort it using Win Task Manager.

Do I have to start from scratch with a new database? If so, can I just export from this one and re-import into the new one? Will it also allow me to import all of the other settings?

Thanks,

Ron
P.S. I tried calling Coffeecup last week and there was no answer... You still in biz?
User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

I'm trying to attach the screen capture... seems to not be working
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ron, I would suggest filling out a support ticket and sending us your HDB file so we can take a closer look at what is going on.

Our hours are M-F 9-5pm EST.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

FYI. I just exported the member data, created a new database, re-imported the user data then re-did all of the passwords and other advanced options I wanted.
By the way, does the "require index" function work? I tried it but was still able to view a directory's files until I added the "options all -indexes" to the root .htaccess file.
Keep smiling,
Ron
P.S. If you still want the bad database, let me know.
User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

By the way, what happened to my ambassador status?
keep smiling,
Ron
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Ron Wilder wrote:
FYI. I just exported the member data, created a new database, re-imported the user data then re-did all of the passwords and other advanced options I wanted.
By the way, does the "require index" function work? I tried it but was still able to view a directory's files until I added the "options all -indexes" to the root .htaccess file.
Keep smiling,
Ron
P.S. If you still want the bad database, let me know.

So is everything working then now?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

So far... I'm still nervous, so I keep checking to make sure the checkboxes don't get unchecked. I usually have to stop and restart the program at least a few times over a few hour period when I see it acting weird. I just do a save and exit without upload. Then restart and things seem to be okay.

Sure wish there were "select all" and "remove all" buttons so that when the boxes come back unchecked, I can select them all at once and remove one at a time. I could also then kill access to a folder if I wish for everybody.

Keep smiling,
Ron
User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

Also, is there a way to dump the complete database in excel and then re-import the complete database back in so I can keep a backup that I can check every so often manually.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Ron Wilder wrote:
So far... I'm still nervous, so I keep checking to make sure the checkboxes don't get unchecked. I usually have to stop and restart the program at least a few times over a few hour period when I see it acting weird. I just do a save and exit without upload. Then restart and things seem to be okay.

Sure wish there were "select all" and "remove all" buttons so that when the boxes come back unchecked, I can select them all at once and remove one at a time. I could also then kill access to a folder if I wish for everybody.

Keep smiling,
Ron

When is the last time you updated your graphics card drivers? It sounds like the program is having an issue painting on the dialog box. From what you are describing, I have never seen anything like that before. Of course on my system it works fine ;)
User 271871 Photo

Ambassador
31 posts

It's been a while... probably at least a year.
I've got to figure out which card I have and then locate the drivers... I'm so swamped right now, that will have to wait a bit.

Keep smiling,
Ron

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.