htpasswd file not updating - Post ID...

User 2662027 Photo

4 posts

I have added new users to WAM and uploaded to server. The new users appear in the htaccess file, but not in the htpasswd file. Therefore, the new users cannot log in. What is wrong with the htpasswd file not updating?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Could be a permission issue. Manually delete all htaccess files and htpasswd files and upload again.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2662027 Photo

4 posts

Thanks for the quick help. I deleted both files from server and re-uploaded. This did not solve the issue. I have four usernames in the htaccess file that are not included in the htpasswd file..........puzzling! Any other ideas of how to generate the proper htpasswd file?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robert Lambert wrote:
Thanks for the quick help. I deleted both files from server and re-uploaded. This did not solve the issue. I have four usernames in the htaccess file that are not included in the htpasswd file..........puzzling! Any other ideas of how to generate the proper htpasswd file?

In WAM, are the users active and do not contain an expire date?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2662027 Photo

4 posts

Dude! You're awesome! It was the expiration date! All fixed. Many thanks!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.