How to locate .hdb file in WIN7? -...

User 1985575 Photo

7 posts

Hi folks,

Apologies ... I'm a noob :)

A few of my subscribers passwords have 'somehow" become corrupted making it impossible [for me] to edit or delete them. When I click on them I get an error message: "Error, bad user id." I've posted a message to Customer Care c/o Orlando who's responded but I think I've worn out his patience and told me that the office is closed for the weekend!!!

Earlier, Orlando's asked that I send him a copy of my .hdb file. I told him that my .hdb file is 4.5mb and wondered if this was the right file. I also enclosed a screen shot of the folder contents but he's told me that it's not the .hdb file and the correct one should be much smaller. He went on to provide excellent directions on how to, "show hidden files" [which I've done] and "uncheck hide extensions for known file types," [which I've also done] in WIN7/Vista and XP. Nowhere, however, in his responses, however, is/are there directions on how to locate the .hdb file within Windows 7!

Orlando wrote:

Once you have turned on hidden files, you'll find the .hdb file at the following file path:

Vista:
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup
Website Access Manager\Databases

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User-Account]\Application Data\CoffeeCup
Software\CoffeeCup Website Access Manager\Databases\

There is/are no WIN7 directions for locating the .hdb file?

Normally, on WIN7 I simply go to ...

Computer..
Local Disk (C)
Program Files (x86)
CoffeeCup Software ... and locate the .hdb file [see enclosure].

Am I mistaken or missing something?

Can anyone help?

User 1985575 Photo

7 posts

Apologies ... here is the folder image
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup Website Access Manager\Databases

That's where the current one will be. Once you have this worked out I would highly suggest you back this file up and just jot a little text file note to yourself and put it with that file that explains what it is and where it needs to go.

Hope that helps :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.