Email not working - Post ID 194003

User 2053869 Photo

2 posts

I am also using 1and1.
I also can't make the email work.
Has anybody solved this?
All other email clients I have ever used work without problem so it is clearly a problem with the coffeecup software. :(
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Robin Sanders wrote:
I am also using 1and1.
I also can't make the email work.
Has anybody solved this?
All other email clients I have ever used work without problem so it is clearly a problem with the coffeecup software. :(

Try using Gmail instead and see if that works.

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answ … swer=13287
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2053869 Photo

2 posts

Scott,

Not really the answer when the issue clearly is with the coffeecup software.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Robin,

I'm thinking Scott is saying "try" another email and see if it works, not just specifically Gmail. If other emails work then it's 1 and 1 not the email software. You're talking about email clients which is software for checking emails, which really has nothing to do with the form builder. That would bring another possible issue which would be to check your spam folder in both your email client software AND your email server itself and make sure it's not catching it there.

Making another email may not always be the answer, but sometimes it might be the ONLY way to find out if it's the answer :)
User 2149468 Photo

2 posts

I was having this exact issue. Could not figure it out for the life of me. I tried gmail out and it did not work out at first, 'till I checked out http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answ … swer=13287 - Bingo it worked. I decided to try it out using my server's email with a little tweak to what my hosting company (ipage) stated that the SMTP server should be labeled as; ......com.ipage.com (..... = website name) and changed it to smtp.ipage.com, changed the port to 465 and use SSL. And just like that it worked.

If this proves useful, great. If not, sorry to bore you with my experience.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Thanks for sharing Charlie, you never know who may find that useful so every little bit of information is useful. Glad you got it working too!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.