E-mail settings - Post ID 106441

User 2015617 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Hello,

I want to buy your software very urgent , but i cannot send emails from the program.
I think this is a feature i can't miss.

I get the following message :

Connecting to SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com Port: 587...
Connected. Logging Into SMTP Server...
SMTP Server Login Completed.
Sending Test Email to webthkaalst@gmail.com
SMTP Message Send FAILED: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 16sm1625952ewy.10

SMTP Quitting.

Test Complete.

Do you already have a solution for this problem or do i have to search for another solution.

Thanks

Ferdinand
smartbleach@gmail.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

smartbleach wrote:
Hello,

I want to buy your software very urgent , but i cannot send emails from the program.
I think this is a feature i can't miss.

I get the following message :

Connecting to SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com Port: 587...
Connected. Logging Into SMTP Server...
SMTP Server Login Completed.
Sending Test Email to webthkaalst@gmail.com
SMTP Message Send FAILED: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 16sm1625952ewy.10

SMTP Quitting.

Test Complete.

Do you already have a solution for this problem or do i have to search for another solution.

Thanks

Ferdinand
smartbleach@gmail.com

This is a known issue connecting with the gmail server. We will be releasing a fix for this in our next update. For now you will simply need to use another e-mail system or use the SMTP2Go service.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 129396 Photo

4 posts

My ISP is btinternet / btyahoo

After setting up my email account details in Website Access Manager, and sending a test message I get the following error:

SMTP Message Send FAILED: 530 authentication required - "Your email could not be sent. To fix this you must make a simple change to your email (known as SMTP authentication). For advice visit www.btyahoo.com/smtp"

I know how to authenticate SMTP, and have done this. Furthermore, if I use Outlook to send an email, I can confirm the SMTP authentication has been set up. But I still get the same error message.

After an hour on the phone to btinternet the technician went to speak to his superviser then came back and said "Coffeecup Website Access manager is a bulk email program and is not supported by btinternet"

Does anyone know how I can fix this without having to resort to paying for smtp2go ?

Thanks

Martin

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Martin Rowe wrote:
My ISP is btinternet / btyahoo

After setting up my email account details in Website Access Manager, and sending a test message I get the following error:

SMTP Message Send FAILED: 530 authentication required - "Your email could not be sent. To fix this you must make a simple change to your email (known as SMTP authentication). For advice visit www.btyahoo.com/smtp"

I know how to authenticate SMTP, and have done this. Furthermore, if I use Outlook to send an email, I can confirm the SMTP authentication has been set up. But I still get the same error message.

After an hour on the phone to btinternet the technician went to speak to his superviser then came back and said "Coffeecup Website Access manager is a bulk email program and is not supported by btinternet"

Does anyone know how I can fix this without having to resort to paying for smtp2go ?

Thanks

Martin

Our software is not a "bulk" e-mailer. I am surprised they would give such a flaky response like that. I have used the SMTP function on servers that I pay .99center per month with and it works just fine. btinternet should be able to tell you the exact error by looking inside of their logs.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 129396 Photo

4 posts

Hi Scott, thanks for the fast response.

Yes, I agree WAM is not a bulk e-mailer.

Have you ever tried to speak to btinternet / btyahoo ? ! I don't think I would get very far if I was to ask them to look inside of their logs - the guys on the help desk wouldn't know what this meant.

I dont believe it is a really a 530 error, as SMTP has already been authenticated for my email address. The problem seems to be that I do no know what my SMTP username and password should be for my BT email account so I cant put this into WAM. I have tried various possibilities based on my username and password for BT internet account and email, none of which work.

On the smtp2go website it suggests ".. a security measure used by ISPs to prevent people sending spam through their servers," Could my problem be related to this in some way? Are BT blocking my emails from WAM in some way??
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Martin Rowe wrote:
Hi Scott, thanks for the fast response.

Yes, I agree WAM is not a bulk e-mailer.

Have you ever tried to speak to btinternet / btyahoo ? ! I don't think I would get very far if I was to ask them to look inside of their logs - the guys on the help desk wouldn't know what this meant.

I dont believe it is a really a 530 error, as SMTP has already been authenticated for my email address. The problem seems to be that I do no know what my SMTP username and password should be for my BT email account so I cant put this into WAM. I have tried various possibilities based on my username and password for BT internet account and email, none of which work.

On the smtp2go website it suggests ".. a security measure used by ISPs to prevent people sending spam through their servers," Could my problem be related to this in some way? Are BT blocking my emails from WAM in some way??

No, I have never talked to them directly myself either. Normally that is even more of an uphill battle for us as well because we are not a customer of theirs.

Have you thought about just using a Gmail account instead?
User 129396 Photo

4 posts

Hi Scott

I have given up on btinternet. Instead I have signed up to a gmail account and set it up in WAM. Works a treat!

Thanks for your help - much appreciated :D

Martin
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Martin Rowe wrote:
Hi Scott

I have given up on btinternet. Instead I have signed up to a gmail account and set it up in WAM. Works a treat!

Thanks for your help - much appreciated :D

Martin

AWESOME! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.