different permission views from...

User 2057861 Photo

2 posts

I am turning the website over to it's owner...I noticed that we both see different users in WAM and seem to overwrite each other when uploading to server.

does WAM retrieve the current list from the server when opening? how can i and my remote user see the same user list and not overwrite each other each time we upload to server?

Thanks,

John
User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

WAM stores the information locally in a databases in the WAM databases folder, so changes made on your local computer is not reflected on your remote users computer unless you two start exchanging the database.

You could e-mail it to each other, upload it to the server in a folder that only you two can access, or create say 50 accounts with usernames and passwords and export the list as a pdf for the owner to parcel out.

Whatever way you choose, the database on your computer and theirs are different, so when either of you upload it overwrites.
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 2057861 Photo

2 posts

OK, how about pointing the WAM UI to store in the above mentioned folder on the server?

I have to say this is kind of ridiculous if this is not possible. WAM can write to the server but cannot retrieve?

Maybe the developers need a pet project :)

thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

john thompson wrote:
OK, how about pointing the WAM UI to store in the above mentioned folder on the server?

I have to say this is kind of ridiculous if this is not possible. WAM can write to the server but cannot retrieve?

Maybe the developers need a pet project :)

thanks

Actually it is perfectly logical. ;) Website Access Manager generates an htaccess file which tells what pages are protected and a htpasswd file which contains the user names and passwords. Those passwords are then encrypted. There would be no way for WAM to decode an htpasswd file.

Once you understand the relationship of our software and the server, it all makes sense ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.