Authentication pop-up message - Post...

User 2594871 Photo

3 posts

So I've downloaded the trial of Website Access Manager to see if this will do what I want it to, it seems to work OK with me successfully being able to password protect a page of my site.

When asking for the username/password, the pop-up box (in IE) gives a warning that 'Your user name and password will be sent using basic authentication on a connection that isn't secure'.

I imagine that this might 'spook' a cerain number of clients when they are logging-in! Can this message be changed or is there any work around this (perhaps being able to log-in via the site before ging to the password protected page)?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can fix that but installing an SSL certificate and then using HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.