Authentication Log - Post ID 98919

User 97424 Photo

Ambassador
43 posts

I am trying to create some type of Authentication Log. My client is looking for a Log of who that have been Authorized to access, so they can who the date and time. Needless to say the client will not be able to read the raw logs much less know what a 403 error is etc.....

Can anyone point me the right direction?

Ed :(
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

By default I do not think that information is logged anywhere. You will need to contact your hosting provider and see if they can enable that inside of your access_log
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 97424 Photo

Ambassador
43 posts

:)
Scott Swedorski wrote:
By default I do not think that information is logged anywhere. You will need to contact your hosting provider and see if they can enable that inside of your access_log

The information is logged in the access_log. The problem needless to say is there is alot of stuff in that access log, for a normal client to read.

What I was hoping some savvy person out there might have figured out how to capture the user account and password from a browser and can pass it to a form. This is where I would love to be able to use CC Form Designer and have it email and log to file the user, date and time.

Some people can dream cann't they :)

Ed

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.