Announcing CoffeeCup Website Access...

User 448166 Photo

98 posts

Can my site visitors add their own UN/P and change it on their own?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Sorry, but no. All changes need to be made in the software itself.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132143 Photo

17 posts

Installation seemed to go well, the server test came back positive but when my test file page is requested I get a 404 or evn a 500 instead of a login prompt - any help would be appreciated.

/FisherownersDatabase/ ...........PROTECTED FOLDER

http://www.twgnet.co.uk/FisherownersDat … ord001.htm

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike C
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Try turning off any custom error pages and IP blocking and see if that helps. If you continue to get issues, you may need to contact your hosting provider and show them the .htaccess in the folder you are protecting and ask them to confirm that there are no errors.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132143 Photo

17 posts

Thanks for your help so far, I contacted my Host support desk here in the UK with the full history and they came back with this: Please confirm with CoffeeCup that our htaccess file can only be used for mod_rewrite rules; I do apologise however we are unable to make server side changes to allow the scripts to run correctly.
This probably means a no for my current host - so if anybody happens to know of a good host here in the UK where Website Access Manager runs perfectly I would be very interested to Know of them.

Regards

Mike C
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Mike,

I am using the 1and1.com USA site, but I believe that they are a UK company. Get a Linux server account and you should have no problems.
User 132143 Photo

17 posts

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your input, in fact I am on a linux, it's something else that seems to be the problem. So will look for a host that I can work with alongside my existing one. T will do a search for 1and1.com and take a look.

Mike C
User 294911 Photo

11 posts

Thanks so much for this. I downloaded the trial version and am definitely going to purchase this! I protected just one page - an order form for my wholesale soaps. I tested it myself and placed the order (Mal's shopping cart) and had no problems whatsoever.

Saw the above post so gonna make a separate page for users to obtain lost/forgotten passwords.

Thanks again, I really like this!

:cool:
User 27896 Photo

1 post

What if my web site already uses .htaccess and .htpasswd files but I just don't like my host's user interface to these files. Can Website Access Manager import the contents of existing .htaccess files? I downloaded the trial but I don't see any such option. Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

No, you cannot import an existing .htpasswd file. You could however make a .txt file of those users and then import that into the software. However the passwords are encrypted in the .htpasswd file so you would have to re-generate all the passwords again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.