Announcing CoffeeCup Website Access...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Yes, I'm going to have to buy this program. htaccess can be a pain in going to sites to get the "hashish" passwords :D

And I like the extra capabilities.

I use Form builder a lot and this looks like another winner. :cool:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Yeah, I think it's going to be a winner. I have some "private family business" folders on my web host (audio files of my grandmother-in-law talking about her life, mostly), and some work-related files I only want the appropriate customer to be able to get to. I have them on .htaccess control via my host provider, but I like the additional control and convenience I'm going to gain from CC's app. Good stuff!
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 506429 Photo

1 post

Can those who have successfully intgrated this software into there site post who the hosting company they use is?

Thanks to hall that do.
User 441084 Photo

28 posts

I'm using the trial version to test it out and it seems to work with GoDaddy. That said, there seems to be a little delay in when it works. I upload and then it doesn't seem to ask me for a password right away even if I blow out the cache. I leave for a while come back and it asks me for a password.

Also, since I'm not up to much on messing with htaccess, is this method as secure, more secure or less secure than creating a log in page the normal way?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Bretly,

I am using this program with 1and1.com and it works great.

Twitch,

What is the normal way to create a login page? There are many different programs that create login pages, but I don't know how they work, so I do not know how secure they are.

From what I have read while researching .htaccess, this is very secure. You can google htaccess and find a lot of information.
User 441084 Photo

28 posts

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I should also add that the GoDaddy site I successfully tried it on is using a Linux server, not Windows.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Twitch wrote:
I'm using the trial version to test it out and it seems to work with GoDaddy. That said, there seems to be a little delay in when it works. I upload and then it doesn't seem to ask me for a password right away even if I blow out the cache. I leave for a while come back and it asks me for a password.

Also, since I'm not up to much on messing with htaccess, is this method as secure, more secure or less secure than creating a log in page the normal way?

There is I think a 30-45 minute wait for their servers to cache the detection of the .htaccess file. Once they do that, any updates are immediate.

htaccess is a very secure way to lock down your system.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 441084 Photo

28 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

There is I think a 30-45 minute wait for their servers to cache the detection of the .htaccess file. Once they do that, any updates are immediate.

htaccess is a very secure way to lock down your system.

Thanks for the reply Scott as always. I like the fact that I can post a question on here and it will get answered. The piece of mind makes it easy to purchase CoffeeCup software.

In fact Website Access Manager is my first purchase on the next pay day. :)

Thanks,
Twitch
User 290558 Photo

5 posts

Nice application. I had it running with a folder protected in less than 10 minutes.

It would be nice to have a MySQL version with a login page. Is that the mod_rewrite option that loses the pop-up login?
User 6284 Photo

Ambassador
1 post

Seems to work just fine...like all the other Coffee Cup software.

Thanks...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.