Accessing folders under home...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Gary Lloyd wrote:
Heh heh heh.... Cool! Ride with a local HOG chapter? '07 Softail Deluxe and '08 Anniversary Ultra Classic (took off the lowers) on this side. The bagger is for all day weekend rides; the softail is my towny bike for Honolulu work traffic. If you vacation in Hawaii in the future and want to ride, let me know.

I used to ride with one in Michigan and Texas, but just have not gotten around to it here in Georgia yet.

Riding around in Hawaii has to be one of the best experiences. You are so LUCKY!! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 452210 Photo

14 posts

btw, emailed my server contact in NW Washington State with link to the article and request for help. I worked with them for 10yrs but I've been here in Hawaii now into my 8th yr and out of the computer loop except for a little web and graphics work.

Georgia's got some good HOG groups. I bet it is getting a little chilly in the day and cold at night now, though. We get a ton a views on our pictures page of the website during the winter on the mainland... it's low to mid 80's all winter here. Yep, riding in Hawaii is a pretty cool experience.. . . the ride, not the destination. I've rode over 100K miles total on Oahu, Maui, Big Island and Kaua'i.

Shoots, I'll motivate you Scott to get active in HOG again; you can motivate me to use my coffee cup software <grin> I'm still using frontpage '03 and just a plain jane ftp application. I worked my way up to photoshop ver7.0 and have stayed with that.

I'll let you know when I get my folder challenge fixed. check out www.windwardhog.com and our riding pictures.... this will also motivate me to break out my coffee cup photo gallery update. <grin>. rubber side down. Take care. ~gary
User 452210 Photo

14 posts

to Scott S. Aloha from Hawaii. Well, following is the info I received from the engineer at the ISP (OlyPen.com) I use for our domain:

"I did a quick read for this software and symbolic links and basically if
the software doesnt support them, it wont work period. Since users are
jailed to their user directory, the software doesnt have access to the
actual directory where the symlink points to."

"Since there is no way around this without completely re-engineering our
system there is just no way to use that software. WHY it doesnt work is
sort of a mystery as pretty much every current FTP software works with
symlinks."

I told them that's a bummer. I've been with their services since 1992. I'm currently looking at "http://www.site5.com" for hosting our domain. I emailed their support to ask for compatibility with WAM.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

My friend and I have a reseller account at site5, and although their customer support can't compete with Coffeecup (well who's can now that I think about it LOL), their service is very good, prices are not bad, and although they don't always fix things fast, they do answer fast and help till it's fixed (not always the brightest bulbs in the pack) but they know the stuff that needs to be done for this and it's already setup when you get signed up so not much you need to do for it. If I had to say yeah or nay, I'd say sure go for it. Their up time is very good also. We've been with them about 2 years now and I don't think our server has been down maybe 3 times and very briefly and all those times were for maintenance not problems so it's not too shabby.

And yes it's compatible with WAM, I use it :)
User 452210 Photo

14 posts

Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) Jo Ann for your input. That's good news. I just walked through their website software. Interesting, although I didn't get to see their flash steps. I see +'s and -'s. ~gary

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.