500 Internal Server Error - Post ID...

User 2085251 Photo

39 posts

Trying to use WAM for the first time. Spent a couple of hours trying to get it to work last night - no luck. No luck this morning either. I followed the instructions and tutorials but am running into this 500 Internal Server Error message. I have included a couple of snapshots. After going through the process and uploading to server, all I get is the error message. I have removed and reloaded WAM several times to this site (www.ncoaumpires.com).
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am trying to password protect a pdf file that is in the /files/download folder. This is where VSD placed this folder. Users reach it by clicking on a link at the bottom of my home page. For some reason when I try to protect it with WAM, it creates a duplicate of that file and adds a second .htaccess file to that folder. Sometimes after uploading to server, the check mark next to the user who is supposed to have access is removed after uploading to the server. Please see attachments. I am really using this as a test for another website that I plan to have about 300 users, but I can't even get it to work with this simple test. Help please.

Go Daddy
Windows 7
Registered Version of WAM
Attachments:
Breast cancer sucks. Chemo sucks. Save the tata's.
www.umpireoutreach.org
www.D8LL.org
www.indianlawreporter.org
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This maybe unrelated but why do you have spaces in your PDF file names? That is a major web design NO NO. Any file name with spaces gets converted to %20. Instead you should use dashes or underscores.

There could be many other issues wrong in your setup, but I couldn't really help you here in the forums with that. I would need to see the HDB file to look at your configuration.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2085251 Photo

39 posts

Sorry for the major no-no - I'll correct these in all my future endeavors. Aside from that - what do you want me to do at this point Scott?
www.umpireoutreach.org
www.D8LL.org
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

backpacker57 wrote:
Sorry for the major no-no - I'll correct these in all my future endeavors. Aside from that - what do you want me to do at this point Scott?

The best way to always get help is by opening a support ticket. There could be many other issues wrong in your setup, but I couldn't really help you here in the forums with that. I would need to see the HDB file to look at your configuration to determine the problem.

File is located here:
Windows XP
Open your My Computer folder. Select Tools > Folder Options > View tab. Scroll down and select Show Hidden Files and Folders. It's also a good idea to uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types.

Windows 7/Vista
Open your My Computer folder. Select Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab. Scroll down and select Show Hidden Files and Folders. It's also a good idea to uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2085251 Photo

39 posts

Ok, I will do that. Looking forward to using this program because it looks like exactly what I need and it could save my fiancée some mula if she can grant online access instead of snail mailing all of her stuff out.
www.umpireoutreach.org
www.D8LL.org
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

backpacker57 wrote:
Ok, I will do that. Looking forward to using this program because it looks like exactly what I need and it could save my fiancée some mula if she can grant online access instead of snail mailing all of her stuff out.

You forgot to include the HDB file with your support ticket. Without it, we cannot look at the configuration.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

backpacker57 wrote:

You forgot to include the HDB file with your support ticket. Without it, we cannot look at the configuration.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

BUMP! We are still waiting on that HDB file. ;)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Windows XP
Open your My Computer folder. Select Tools > Folder Options > View tab. Scroll down and select Show Hidden Files and Folders. It's also a good idea to uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types.

Windows 7/Vista
Open your My Computer folder. Select Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab. Scroll down and select Show Hidden Files and Folders. It's also a good idea to uncheck Hide Extensions for Known File Types.

Once you have turned on hidden files, you'll find the .hdb file at the following file path:

Vista:
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup
Website Access Manager\Databases

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User-Account]\Application Data\CoffeeCup
Software\CoffeeCup Website Access Manager\Databases\
User 2113623 Photo

2 posts

I have exactly the same problem. As soon as I apply WAM to the directory I would like to, I get a 500 internal server error. This forum won't let me attach the .hdb file. :/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.