1&1 multiple domains; need to protect...

User 2346225 Photo

25 posts

I use 1&1 as my Linux host. I have quite a few sites, and on one account, we have 3 different web sites. I want to password protect pages on one web site. When I use the FTP settings in WAM, it appears to find the right place, and I've checked just the folders I want protected. After I upload everything, NONE of the web sites are accessible without entering the User Name and Password. I'm not even putting the root in the FTP settings, so I don't understand why all the sites are being blocked.

www.childrensministriesresources.org (Materials) is what I want protected. The only way I can do it is manually through the 1&1 control panel. Ugh. I really want to use WAM.

The other sites are www.compassionlink.org, sustainhope.org and globalaidspartnership.org

Thanks for any help!

Neil
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Giving one person (even yourself) access to a folder or page automatically blocks everyone else.

I got it wrong first time had to delete everything and start again as i gave myself access to the public_html folder in error
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2346225 Photo

25 posts

Thanks! Scott was able to help me. Evidently I had some root directories listed in the HDB file, even though I'd removed them from WAM.
Neil

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.