Which File Should Be Modified for...

User 2758109 Photo

9 posts

My organization has an older version of WFB. We got the notice that our captcha v1 will stop working soon, so after reviewing Google's site, it was pretty easy to add the code to the form HTML to update it to v2. However, it doesn't actually work because with reCaptcha v2, there needs to be code added to the back end, somehow, too for the validation. Can anyone tell me which file - of the many that a WFB form exports - should house the Google code for the part that triggers after the form is submitted? Seems like a simple matter of inserting Google's code into one of those files. The question is simply - which file?
User 2758109 Photo

9 posts

Any PHP folks on here that can point me to which file needs to be modified to add the easy, backend Google code for what happens AFTER submitting the form? I got official word from CoffeeCup today - via a support ticket - that they will not tell me this info. The only solution is to pay $129 for a new product. They don't even have upgrade pricing. Pretty steep price to gain a tiny reCaptcha upgrade.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,186 posts

Hi Christopher,
As much as I like to help users with their Form Builder forms, this would be a very disrespectful thing for anybody to do. How would you feel if somebody made work arounds to keep people from buying your products. I havn't even looked into where this could be altered because I respect all the hard work CC has put into their apps. CC offered upgrades at a more than reasonable price and you should've gotten it then. I did. If they didn't offer reCaptcha V2 and you wanted help altering v1 to work with v2 I would be more then happy to look but that's not taking anything away from CC's bottom line. I hope you understand and don't feel any hard feelings towards me or CC as they are working very hard to give us great products and I for one couldn't imagine having to start using different apps because they went out of business.

I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2863844 Photo

15 posts

I bought the software a year ago and I’m now forced to pay $129 to keep using it?

It’s not like they didn’t know recapcha V1 was about to be terminated.
I think they should issue an update to add recaptcha v2 to wfb 2.5.
If I want more functionality I could buy v2.9.

At this point I would not spend any more money on this software.

If they don’t want to update they should inform their customers on how to add v2 manually.
User 2863844 Photo

15 posts

Just contacted CC on facebook regarding this issue and they solved my problem in seconds.

Guess I was a little frustrated earlier.
To bad I can’t delete my posts. :rolleyes:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.