Web Form Height - Post ID 193048

User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

Hi guys.

Cant seem to figure this out but is there any way to know what my forms height will be once complete so i know how much space to make on my site,

until now i have just been experimenting but they has to be a better way than this..

Many thanks,...
Murray Walker: And look at the flames coming from the back of Berger's McLaren
James Hunt: Actually, Murray, they're not flames, it's the safety light.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The height of the form is automatically based by the number of elements you add to it. There is no preference to set a "maximum" height.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

Hi Scott.

I understand that and it makes sense. but it seems too bit when i add it to VSD as it adds a lot ot space to the tom and bottom of the form when added to the site. take a look at http://www.sultangardenssharm.co.uk/Contact_Us.html

In VSD the form fits nice and snug but once published i get the space at the top and bottom...
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andrew J Cranswick wrote:
Hi Scott.

I understand that and it makes sense. but it seems too bit when i add it to VSD as it adds a lot ot space to the tom and bottom of the form when added to the site. take a look at http://www.sultangardenssharm.co.uk/Contact_Us.html

In VSD the form fits nice and snug but once published i get the space at the top and bottom...

Try using the transparent theme instead. That has a very limited amount of padding.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

Ok

Take a look again and refresh, it still don't look right. I have attached a VSD screen shot so you can see where it should start...

Strange...
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Ok

Take a look again and refresh, it still don't look right. I have attached a VSD screen shot so you can see where it should start...

Strange...

I don't see anything wrong there Andrew.
User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

surely the form should be closer to the blue line that says "Contact Sultan Gardens Sharm" as per the VSD screen shot. also it should not have all the empty space at the bottom before the text that says "RESERVATIONS (Please Note: number for NEW bookings only)"

I hope you understand what i mean..
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

surely the form should be closer to the blue line that says "Contact Sultan Gardens Sharm" as per the VSD screen shot. also it should not have all the empty space at the bottom before the text that says "RESERVATIONS (Please Note: number for NEW bookings only)"

I hope you understand what i mean..

What you see on VSD is only an approximation of what it will look like. Once you publish, there are slight differences like that. If you need more control over padding and spacing, you would want to use our HTML Editor so you can tweak the markup.
User 2089617 Photo

58 posts

Many thanks.

I have had a play around and now this is looking better...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.