Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Robert Bruce wrote:
Scooterman wrote:
I don't see Scott on here, yet, this morning.

What I'd like to know is when is he NOT on here. No matter what time of day or night I log in to the forum, when I run across his avatar in a post, it shows him as online (I think instead of sleeping he just never goes home and grabs a few winks between posts). ;)

When the online light goes out, it means Scotts head has officially rolled off his keyboard. :P
User 2274185 Photo

48 posts

Sure it may have been answered already, but how can I add this in my VSD program?

I thought it would be a flash object, but I am wrong on that. lol
Started 9/8/2011 www.flsi.us
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

HalfFrozen wrote:
Sure it may have been answered already, but how can I add this in my VSD program?

I thought it would be a flash object, but I am wrong on that. lol

The new HTML version is no longer in Flash, so you would not use that. Instead, click the HTML Tool in the left-hand toolbar and paste the embed code into there. Then just size and position the box where you want it to appear.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2274185 Photo

48 posts

Got it!

Also, a couple more questions now..

Can I make a transparent BG?

As well as the captcha* size, can I make it smaller? When I go down to 400 width, it sticks out the side. :(
Started 9/8/2011 www.flsi.us
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

HalfFrozen wrote:
Got it!

Also, a couple more questions now..

Can I make a transparent BG?

As well as the captcha* size, can I make it smaller? When I go down to 400 width, it sticks out the side. :(

Not yet for either of those items, but they are coming. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2077947 Photo

40 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

I wanted to see how closely I could make your old form in the new HTML version and I have to say, I think it turned out great. :cool:

This form took me 42 minutes from start to finish. Can you take a look at http://sample.coffeecup.com/forms/skippy/ and tell me what you think of it and if it has all the functionality of your current form? If you like it, I can send you the .fb file. ;)

Well Done Scott, Credit where it's due!

42 minutes...... Hhhmmm..... I'm running at about 8 hours to get to THIS point! :(

Mind you, it's been fun experimenting!

I hope you'll agree that I'm on the right track but I will admit that yours looks much neater :)

It's mainly the drop down options that I was/am struggling with, trying to keep ALL the data in each drop down option neatly aligned, with the village zones (or skip prices) neatly displayed on the right (as on the old form) aswell as fitting in the quantity field on the same line but, I have, as you can see, brought the zones and prices closer to the left and it doesn't look too bad.

The only other thing, as I said in one of my previous comments, is the 'Title' drop down box being less deep than the 'Other Title' text box, it's more noticeable on my form as the two fields are closer together. You have spread them and it looks neater.

Well Done again, I hope you enjoyed the challenge?

If you could send me the fb file, it would be much appreciated :D

Many Thanks

R K BAILEY
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Glad you like the form. You're on the right track there Skippy though. What you are not taking advantage of is a few different features available to you in the software. When all of them are used properly together, you can design what heck of a nice form. ;)

A few suggestions:
  • Take advantage of the Item Padding options. You have control over top, bottom, left and right padding.
  • Use the Spacer element. This is a great way to put a bit of buffer between smaller elements to line them up.
  • Use the Friendly hints. This allows you to remove text elements from the form and put them closer to each specific object.
  • Try and put related fields closer together. Address 1 & 2 for example.

Actually it only took 25 minutes to build the form. The other 10 I spent trying to match your existing colors. ;)

Check your e-mail for the .fb file.
User 491904 Photo

51 posts

Where exactly is this new web form builder. I cannot find it anywhere on this site.

Guy
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya RK,

Just one thing that I noticed that hasn't anything to do with the form itself, but the form name. Just in case you're not aware of it you should not have spaces in your file names. The internet doesn't like them very well and it causes issues for people trying to actually get to a specific file if you try telling them how to get there as the file names in URL's don't show up with spaces in them they show up with %20 in place of the space which gets confusing and pretty messy. Always should use underscores _ or dashes - in place of spaces.

Always best to use lower case letters also, which also is a deterrent for confusion on file names. Most web servers are case sensative which means if you make your file name to be:
File_Name.html

When someone types that name they "HAVE" to type it exact or it will not load. Most people tend to not use caps on a regular basis so chances are they will be typing:
file_name.html

rather than the one with caps and will not be able to reach your page.

Hope that helps :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Guy Regimbal wrote:
Where exactly is this new web form builder. I cannot find it anywhere on this site.

Guy

You have to order it from our website. Please see http://coffeecup.com/store/specials/megapack

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.