Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Andy Taylor wrote:
Scooterman wrote:
I'm anxiously awaiting the next version to play with. Ever if it IS on S-Drive.

Can you tell me what you do with the data when its on S drive please??

This information can be accessed by you and only you through your S-Drive Dashboard under the Forms Tab.

Also, please see this post here for other cool things you can find there:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … r-metrics/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

SWD1 wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
SWD1 wrote:
We're seriously considering purchasing the Megapack or the full version of the new Web Form Builder when it arrives, but have some questions that I can't find answered concretely on the site. The comparison chart between classic form builder and new form builder indicates that ASP is not supported, but there's no details or better information.

We build .aspx websites and host them on GoDaddy's Windows hosting plans using ASP.Net 4.0, so I have the following questions regarding the new full version form builder:

1) Will the new form builder work on .aspx sites hosted on GoDaddy's Windows IIS 7.x hosting servers running ASP.Net 4.0? If so, what options and settings need to be configured for the form to run properly?

2) Once a new form is built, can it be transplanted into an .aspx web page, and uploaded to the website for usage. This could be done with classic form builder, but it's not clear if that's possible with new form builder. (At this time, we're not interested in utilizing S-Drive.)

In addition, much more detailed info about the new form builder needs to be on your website to fully inform customers. Currently, we know the new features very well, but there's only scant information about the server support and other technical details, as I've asked above. Lack of detailed information is what's held up the purchase of the new form builder.

Other than that, the new form builder looks like really good stuff and we look forward to being able to use it.

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.

We have actually removed all support for ASP in the HTML version for form processing. If your Windows server has PHP installed, then you should be fine. Coding for PHP is just so much easier then for ASP. ;)

Adding your form to an .aspx page should not be a problem at all. The code is all HTML and CSS, so it should also work as well.

If you have other questions, please either post them here or open a support ticket and we will take are of ya. ;)

Wow, Scott...that's what I call a quick response and working past the clockout time. Thank you for the quick response.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but honestly, this new form builder looks so wicked in its features list, that it's almost too good to be true and I keep expecting some "gotcha" to rear its ugly head.

The GoDaddy Windows IIS7 hosting servers, running ASP.Net 4.0, are configured with PHP 5.2 enabled, so I'm taking this to mean the new form builder will work fine?

If that's the case, I'll purchase the Megapack tonight while the special is still running. On that note, does the special end at midnight PST?

Thank you and have a good evening.

We have done limited testing on Windows servers, but in theory if you have PHP installed, I cannot see why it should not work. We have also included a new configuration file that allows you to define custom SMTP settings for use with PHP. This was a very big request from our customers.

The special is still live right now, but I think it is going offline any moment now. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2299512 Photo

11 posts

It is always one of these little stupid things which makes one to use another tool. Is there not any way of adding a bit of Java to a field? But I still like what you guys did...

Don't talk about a secret location for the release, it is either a party in Cape Town under Table Mountain ( one of the 7 world wonders) or it appears under "your downloads" as second choice.:):)
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Andy Taylor wrote:
Scooterman wrote:
I'm anxiously awaiting the next version to play with. Ever if it IS on S-Drive.

Can you tell me what you do with the data when its on S drive please??

This information can be accessed by you and only you through your S-Drive Dashboard under the Forms Tab.

Also, please see this post here for other cool things you can find there:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … r-metrics/

Ok I have seen the blog and can wait 7 days now... ;) But I still think I am missing something.

"There’s no need to configure anything, since form results are displayed automatically in a slick overview (which we call the S-Drive Dashboard)"

In my S drive there is nothing but a few results that I can even access. So as for metrics I am not sure what is being spoken about? Just checked again it must be me being thick...sorry.

Thats said this type of function will make up for the wait. :lol::cool::D

Expect payment integration (for order forms), cool magical fields (think of them as predesigned and coded form sections),

also +1 for accordion fields that expose another field. I can provide an example if needed.
User 452266 Photo

267 posts

Maybe they're going to have a secret viewing for the ones that didn't complain.... I have never seen Scott take so much heat over an App. :)
He needs a vacation for sure!!!

May The Good Lord Take A Likin' To You,
Sandcrab3 (Scooterman)
User 2077947 Photo

40 posts

Hi, y'all,

I do hope you are all enjoying (or enjoyed) Thanksgiving?

This isn't urgent but I've come across a problem.

I have created a predefined *.txt list in notepad for displaying Skip Prices in a drop down list.

However, as I'm in England, we use the pound sterling (£) currency sign but if I enter this into the list, the whole list will not appear!

It works fine with the $ sign or @ % & #.... etc. but not £.

For example;

A list consisitng of:-

Skip 1..... @ $100.00
Skip 2..... @ $200.00
Skip 3..... @ $300.00

is saved as Prices.txt.

Prices appears in the 'List' pane of the Predefined Options Selector and when selected, the data appears in the 'Options' pane..... Great!

But, if I alter it to:-

Skip 1..... @ £100.00
Skip 2..... @ £200.00
Skip 3..... @ £300.00

Prices appears in the 'List' pane of the Predefined Options Selector but when selected, no data at all appears in the 'Options' pane..... Not so Great!

I suspect it has something to do with the predefined list aspect, as the £ sign WILL appear if I manually enter as Option 1, Option 2, Option 3, in the Drop Down/Properties/Options Box as below:

Option 1 overwritten as: Skip 1.... @ £100.00
Option 2 overwritten as: Skip 2.... @ £200.00
Option 3 overwritten as: Skip 3.... @ £300.00

Works fine...... Spooky!!

Any Ideas?

Cheers
R K BAILEY
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

SKIPYSKIPHIRE wrote:
Hi, y'all,

I do hope you are all enjoying (or enjoyed) Thanksgiving?

This isn't urgent but I've come across a problem.

I have created a predefined *.txt list in notepad for displaying Skip Prices in a drop down list.

However, as I'm in England, we use the pound sterling (£) currency sign but if I enter this into the list, the whole list will not appear!

It works fine with the $ sign or @ % & #.... etc. but not £.

For example;

A list consisitng of:-

Skip 1..... @ $100.00
Skip 2..... @ $200.00
Skip 3..... @ $300.00

is saved as Prices.txt.

Prices appears in the 'List' pane of the Predefined Options Selector and when selected, the data appears in the 'Options' pane..... Great!

But, if I alter it to:-

Skip 1..... @ £100.00
Skip 2..... @ £200.00
Skip 3..... @ £300.00

Prices appears in the 'List' pane of the Predefined Options Selector but when selected, no data at all appears in the 'Options' pane..... Not so Great!

I suspect it has something to do with the predefined list aspect, as the £ sign WILL appear if I manually enter as Option 1, Option 2, Option 3, in the Drop Down/Properties/Options Box as below:

Option 1 overwritten as: Skip 1.... @ £100.00
Option 2 overwritten as: Skip 2.... @ £200.00
Option 3 overwritten as: Skip 3.... @ £300.00

Works fine...... Spooky!!

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Confirmed. I will log this with our developers and see if we can get this fixed by the final release.
User 1881687 Photo

68 posts

Hi
If possible to insert, in the email will automatically send from the server to those who fill in the form photographs of my sponsors?
If yes, how can I do ?

:rolleyes:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

F4bius wrote:
Hi
If possible to insert, in the email will automatically send from the server to those who fill in the form photographs of my sponsors?
If yes, how can I do ?

Since the output supports HTML/CSS, you could easily add the markup to show the photographs.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

F4bius wrote:
Hi
If yes, how can I do ?

I would think that you could have it redirect your users to a page with them on it also when they submit the form if that works for you. ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.