Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Andy Taylor wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Andy Taylor wrote:
All this radio button talk pales into insignificance when those of us have purchased the software and then find we can send it to an SQL data base or even a CSV file or text file.

Could we have an update when a beta will be available so we can at least use the forms we have made please??

That will be available soon. Please note, it only works with MySQL just as it did with the Classic version. You can however still use the forms you have now. The only differences is right now they are hosting on S-Drive.

what about the text file option that is in the old version? Its not in the new one?? Not everyone needs SQL. and with google docs taking over in many places surely out put to a CSV file is essential.

That feature is included in the HTML Version as well Andy.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Do you mean the lite or the full version scott. I cant see it presently and its stopping me getting on with work.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andy Taylor wrote:
Do you mean the lite or the full version scott. I cant see it presently and its stopping me getting on with work.

The FULL version will have that. The Lite Version can only publish to S-Drive.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Nick Harborne wrote:
What I want is the free upgrades for life for the programmes I have bought, which was the basis on which I agreed to buy it.

And as Scott stated, you will continue to get the UPGRADES on the FLASH version of Form Builder til it does reach End of Life. Upgrades for life (by the way) does not mean YOUR life, but rather the life of the program, which (as Jo Ann pointed out) EVERY piece of software out there goes through the same "Life Cycle". Biggest difference that I've seen, is that CC tends to "try" to keep their titles alive longer than other publishers that I've dealt with.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Andy Taylor wrote:

Ah in that case I will stop looking for it. :D:rolleyes: How far away are we to the full version yet.??
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andy Taylor wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Andy Taylor wrote:

Ah in that case I will stop looking for it. :D:rolleyes: How far away are we to the full version yet.??

Within the next 7-14 days.
User 1881687 Photo

68 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Andy Taylor wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Andy Taylor wrote:

Within the next 7-14 days.

I hope even before,
I have finished my time.
I am absolutely sure that the team will do everything possible and I thank them for this.
even a beta version will be appreciate before th 20th of November.
User 2077947 Photo

40 posts

I'm struggling to get the new version to match my Order Form designed with the old version.

Granted, with the new version, the 'Friendly Hints' tidy up a lot the the advisory text but I am REALLY struggling with the lack of WYSIWYG!

I think I'm correct in saying that a lot of my problems seem to be caused by html allowing only one space between text.

i.e. Section 1, Hirer Details, Select Village/Town - When you click the drop down box, The Zones are neatly arranged to the right. Whereas in the new version, the spaces aren't recognised and it's all jumbled.

I have improved this by placing the Zones in brackets i.e. Abthorpe, Towcester, Northants. (Zone 5), which is acceptable.

However, the problem becomes more acute when I get down to Section 4, Skip/Material Details, Skip 1 - Drop Down Selection.

I have tried taking out some of the repeated words from the drop down selection and placing them in a header above the drop down box 'SIZE TYPE DESCRIPTION OF WASTE' etc...

I can then, with a lot of editing, get the options list tidy but now I am struggling to get the header lined up to match the data in the drop down box, even if I use a Plain Text Element. It seems to be all down to the html 'one space' or the 20% width not being low enough.

I've tried the check box element as an alternative to the drop down box but again, it's a problem getting everything neatly lined up!

I can edit the exported Order Form using html editor to add Non-breaking-Spaces as required but then how would I re-open the form in lite for future additions/editing?

Am I simply asking too much, being too impatient (i.e. wait for the full version) or do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers
R K BAILEY
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We don't want to add features just to add them. So I task all of you here. Show us examples where this is used online and we will definitely consider it. Even the smallest feature takes time to add to the software.

We would rather invest that time in things l like images or multi-page forms. ;)

Here's one I just opened:
https://opensky.com/p/mypoints-slide?os … klQbTPB6zg
NOTE: I couldn't get this link to open in Firefox at all, but it did work in IE lol, don't think they realize it yet.

http://coffeecuphelp.com/jo/screenshots/emptyradios.jpg
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

SKIPYSKIPHIRE wrote:
Am I simply asking too much, being too impatient (i.e. wait for the full version) or do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers

My view - yes. I would say this is beta software and should not be used for business critical forms.

Having said that you may well come up with a bug which would be sorted by final release.

Keith

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.