Unavailable Choices Dependent on...

User 412479 Photo

45 posts

I know this isn't functional in WFB but wanted to check and see what others have done as a work around, get some ideas, and maybe if anyone has coding (or design) suggestions.

I am working on a form for a client that makes artisan jewelry. Instead of having different categories like bracelets, earrings, leather necklaces, pendants, etc. which would make a pretty long site page, I would like to put a drop down with each piece then other boxes with options. My stumbling block is not being able to tell WFB if they want to customize earrings for example, they can't choose leather as the material, only choose oval or long fine silver hoops. They wouldn't be able to choose charms for earrings, so that would be unavailable, but if they chose bracelet then charms would be available to click.

Has anyone done something like this where it will grey out unavailable choices depending on other options they've previously chosen?
User 2176081 Photo

8 posts

I was wondering if you ever found out anything. I have been looking at many different form builders to try & do what you mention above but for car selections for makes & models.
User 232214 Photo

COO
827 posts

Adding a 'rules engine' is on our development roadmap, but it is not near the top right now. If there are more people asking for this we can increase the priority :rolleyes:
The future of web layout has arrived and it's called CSS Grid. CoffeeCup helps you to get ready with a free guide, the Grid Builder app plus cool demos & themes.
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Bob Visser wrote:
Adding a 'rules engine' is on our development roadmap, but it is not near the top right now. If there are more people asking for this we can increase the priority :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents (or less) but I would agree that this enhancement would be a 'nice to have' feature down the road but i think there are more pressing enhancements needed to make WFB a fully robust product
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.