The new Web Form Builder is here! -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The re-engineered, redesigned, and rebuilt Web Form Builder is ready! Powered by a clever mix of the latest web technologies — JavaScript, XML, PHP, CSS, and most certainly HTML 5 — and jam-packed with all sorts of new goodies, it’s ready to take the world.

This release is exclusively available to customers who have purchased the Mega Pack Special . If you're a Mega Pack owner, just go to your My Products page and download it!

Of course, you can still use the classic Web Form Builder, and you can even have both versions installed at the same time. To see how this version stacks up to the classic Flash Web Form Builder, we made a comparison chart that you can find here: Feature comparison chart

So how will this release work?

We are thrilled to have achieved this first release and we want to make sure it’s fun and goes smoothly for everybody. So there is no confusion, here's how it will work: The new version of Web Form Builder is only available to Mega Pack customers right now. This “Lite” release will work with S-Drive Forms. All CoffeeCup customers are entitled to a free S-Drive account; just select your address (if you haven’t yet) and sign in with your CoffeeCup account information. Then you’ll be able to publish your web forms and easily add them to any website. All data processing, storage, and reporting is automatic.

With this Lite version, the server scripts cannot be exported for use on your own server. This feature will be part of the full version which will be added to your account automatically within the next 2–3 weeks.

This step-by-step process in a more controlled environment allows us to quickly address any issues that may arise. Also, we're confident that you won't want to use anything else once you see it used on S-Drive Forms. ;)

Over the next 1–2 weeks we will monitor all customer feedback, (unlikely) issues, and suggestions. We’ll make sure that everything is addressed and then release the full version of Web Form Builder. That version will allow you to upload your form to S-Drive as well as export the scripts for use on your own servers.

If you are already a registered user of the Flash version and would like to have access and help steer the direction of this new version, you need to purchase the Form Builder Mega Pack. We won't decide until the program is released what sort of "upgrade" price we will have for just the new version by itself; it may be only $29 or we may not have anything at all. If you think $29 for the Mega Pack is a good deal (which it definitely is!) then don't take any risk—get it while it’s still available! You’ll then be guaranteed to get the new version as part of that pack, free of charge.

So with that, post your comments here on what you think of the new Web Form Builder. We are very proud of it. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Just a quick question to be sure of the outcome. If we make forms now in the S-Drive only setup, will we be able to still use those forms in the Full Version and get the code for them then? I'm thinking most likely, but I want to be sure before I put a lot of time into a really really extremely long form I've been planning and waiting for this release for :P
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Just a quick question to be sure of the outcome. If we make forms now in the S-Drive only setup, will we be able to still use those forms in the Full Version and get the code for them then? I'm thinking most likely, but I want to be sure before I put a lot of time into a really really extremely long form I've been planning and waiting for this release for :P

Yes, that is correct. Anything you create in the Lite version can be opened in the Full version.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

http://wolverana.com/myimages/woohoo.gif

Sweet! I'm on it! Now go answer my other question in the forms forum :P
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Thanks ! Downloading now !
User 448812 Photo

1 post

I would like to see better integration with VSD
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andrew Marsh wrote:
I would like to see better integration with VSD

Actually it is even easier now. Just take the embed code and paste that into VSD using the HTML Tool and you are done. No need to add any additional files now.
User 2205959 Photo

27 posts

Just seen this post and, therefore, bought the MEGA PACK you link to. But, I can't see the new Form Builder in my download area?! I'm confused. How do I access it?

Thanks
User 2205959 Photo

27 posts

Sorry. Just seen it's a 'lite version' that works with something called S Drive. I don't have that. Can the new form builder be used independently?
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

OK - Just a few quick comments.

I like the feel and design of the programme. It feels that this is the way the programme should have been designed. I like that.

Several things though.

Check form here http://searson.coffeecup.com/forms/test%20new%20form/

You will notice that the spacing is an issue. Will we have the ability to move elements around etc. Look at the 'Dashed Line' I have used. I can not get it closer to the 'Name' field. Also, I can adjust the height and length of the 'Comments' field, but am unable to change the width of either the 'Email' or 'Name' field. This could make the whole form start to look rather big.

Nudge feature would be nice. Will that be part of the final programme?

If I have jumped in here without fully exploring, my apologise.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.