System Access Violation Exception -...

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Which version of WFB are you using? Current version is v2.3 Build 5217. Also, are you running with Admin rights? Just right-click and select 'Run as Administrator' to try it out.

Keep us posted if you find a fix. I've been using WFB since day 1 and have never (knock on wood!) had this problem...hmm, living on borrowed time maybe :D
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 1520004 Photo

4 posts

Thanks Gunsmoke. Yes I have the latest version and running with Admin rights. The error is as per the very top on this thread.

Roy Molyneux
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Roy Molyneux wrote:
Thanks Gunsmoke. Yes I have the latest version and running with Admin rights. The error is as per the very top on this thread.

Roy Molyneux

Access Violation errors are very rare and always related to the individual computer on which they occur. They are not errors in the software but rather the result of something not functioning right on the system that causes the program to lose its place in memory. Usually an Access Violation results following some other error and it is the preceding error that is of significance.

Again, Access Violation errors are rare and always relate to the individual computer operating software or settings. The exact cause of the error can be difficult to find. Common causes typically are one one of the following:

1. Corrupt or insufficient version of Windows.
2. Insufficient RAM memory or system requirements.
3. Old or bad version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC).
4. Insufficient virtual memory allocated for large queries and data in memory.

Update to the latest release of Form Builder. This is not likely to solve the problem but insures that you are running on the same version as our tech support staff for the purpose of trying to duplicate the problem.

Try to duplicate the problem and note the first or any error preceding an Access Violation error.
Check your system memory and windows version by comparing to the recommendations found in the above links. It is important that you have the proper version of windows and amount of RAM.

Check the installed version of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) at the problem computer. You can check the MDAC version in ExpressMaintenance under Utilities / View Connection Properties. Version 2.6xxx of MDAC has some known problems. We recommend that you have MDAC 2.7xxx or above. The MDAC may very well be the cause of the problem. Once you download and install the latest MDAC, use the steps above to verify the new version is installed. To perform the installation, you must have Administrative rights and you must reboot. You can check for the latest release of MDAC and download it from the following link -click here.

Check your system virtual memory. The method of doing this varies with different versions of windows. Generally, it can be found under Control Panel / System / Advanced tab / Performance / Settings / Advanced tab / Virtual Memory. The system should be set to a minimum of 512MB of virtual memory. This will allow for large queries and having large amounts of data in memory.
If you have taken the steps above and still have the Access Violation problem, exit the softtware and reopen it. Then try to duplicate the problem and provide email to our support technicians with the exact steps to follow to reproduce the error.

Also, 3rd party applications like virus scanners, firewalls and spyware programs greatly impact envy thing on your computer.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
...You can check for the latest release of MDAC and download it from the following link -click here....

Scott, there is no link in "click here"...
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Per wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
...You can check for the latest release of MDAC and download it from the following link -click here....

Scott, there is no link in "click here"...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … px?id=5793
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 460613 Photo

33 posts

I have the same problem. Usually if I start a form its fine until I get to many fields. If I have a simple contact form, I have no issues. But seems to be when I get above 20 or so fields, the same symptoms occur.

Also, I can not open old forms as well.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Tim Frank wrote:
I have the same problem. Usually if I start a form its fine until I get to many fields. If I have a simple contact form, I have no issues. But seems to be when I get above 20 or so fields, the same symptoms occur.

Also, I can not open old forms as well.

For the error stuff, have you already tried all the suggestions in this thread? Hard to answer unless we know that part :)

As for the old forms, are you trying to open old forms created with the Flash version with the New HTML Version? If that's the case then that would be working as intended as the new version is not compatible with the old flash version so you'll need to rebuild those forms from scratch if you want them to be seen on many mobile devices. If that isn't the case and you mean an old form you created with the HTML version then you may need to open a support topic for assistance on that. :)
User 1520004 Photo

4 posts

Since my last input and all suggestions for a fix, I have uninstalled from the 2 pc's that I had tried to get a working result and have then installed on a Win XP system clean instal and after around 10 or 12 restarts got the dreaded "access violation" message. I then stuck a new hard disk in a brand new pc and installed Win 7 64bit, great result until about the 15th restart and then CRASH - "access violation....". Tha's 4 installations all after fresh downloads from CC Server, on XP SP3, Vista, Win 7 32bit, Win 7 64bit. One system with 65 other applications all working fine other than WFB, 2 systems each with only a handful of other application and one system with nothing other than WFB. As many other owners with the same experience are saying, It has to be the WFB software. It's been the worst experience that I have ever had with purchased software and I've been in the industry since the mid 60's. When it works it's great but I shouldn't have to build a new PC every time I need to change or create a new form.

Roy Molyneux
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

I would open a support topic.;)
https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myroom/opentopic/
Then post back when you get an answer.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 1981664 Photo

2 posts

I've had this recurring problem as well. Have had a ticket open with Scott previously but couldn't find the solution.

I have just stumbled on solution. It is when you hide the Coffecup Software folder and all files and sub folders, that is created in the My Documents folder. If you want to hide the folder, just hide the folder and no sub folders or files.
Works perfectly now for me :-)

Hope it helps.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.