Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 308084 Photo

45 posts

Hey Dudes

A numbers box that can take enough number to make a phone number enterable.

Not sure how it works in USA but Oz we use a device called a mobile phone & guess what it runs on TEN (10) digits.

There also an out dated thing called a landline it needs...you guessed it ten numbers as well.

ad
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Just use an ordinary text input box for your phone numbers, or any number for that matter.

What I always think is that if you have a numerical field formatted to validate a phone number from one country, then how is someone from another country going to enter their own number format.

By the way, a mobile number in the UK is 11 digits, as is our landline numbers.
Jim
---------------------------
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

The phone number field (issue) will be addressed after the first of the year in an update. Until then, as Jim suggests, use a text field.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 308084 Photo

45 posts

Yes guys that's what I've done.

BUT this is my point all this basic stuff is designed for USA there is no consideration for other countries.

Why is there no beta testing? If there is it certainly isn't world wide.

ad
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

aussiedavid wrote:

BUT this is my point all this basic stuff is designed for USA there is no consideration for other countries.

ad

What can you not do from your country? We actually had a very lengthy beta process for this program and people from all over the world used. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 308084 Photo

45 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
aussiedavid wrote:

ad

What can you not do from your country? We actually had a very lengthy beta process for this program and people from all over the world used. ;)

Scotty read my original post.

ad
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

aussiedavid wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
aussiedavid wrote:

ad

ad

The problem has nothing to do with a specific country. You are using a number element for a phone number. That is not what it was designed for.

We will however be adding a new element specifically for phone numbers.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 308084 Photo

45 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
aussiedavid wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
aussiedavid wrote:

ad

ad

The problem has nothing to do with a specific country. You are using a number element for a phone number. That is not what it was designed for.

We will however be adding a new element specifically for phone numbers.

It seems logical that a number element would be used for a phone number field & I'm not alone in making that use of the field when I read that a number of of other users tried doing the same thing. A good beta tester would have surely worked it out.

ad
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Just because that is what you want it to be, doesn't mean that is what is supposed to be used for. ;)

Really the whole point is moot because we will have a phone number element in the next update.

And stop insulting our beta testers. ;)
User 308084 Photo

45 posts

Hi Scottie,

I'm not knocking the beta testers I'm commenting on the seeming kack of NUMBER of testers.

If the beta testers were a big enough sample of beta testers they would have picked this up waay baack. You are scipmping on spreading the joy.

The number field in the flash one worked fine. So why was it changed in this version.

Again as other have said the flash one is way more a program than the new one.

ad

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.