Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Web...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup HTML Web Form Builder . So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)

This thread is for the HTML Version only of Web Form Builder. If you have suggestions for the Classic version, post them here please:

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … r-classic/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

The Captcha box layout,to the right of the 3 small icons the small logo and the small text below is too light a grey colour, people with impaired vision will not be able to read it.
Jim
---------------------------
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

I would like to be able to set the Item Width in pixels instead of as a percentage.
Jim
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jim Cantrell wrote:
I would like to be able to set the Item Width in pixels instead of as a percentage.

We did this for a reason Jim. This way when you adjust the width of your form, all elements scale automatically. If it was done by pixels, you would have to manually adjust each element to make them fit.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jim Cantrell wrote:

We did this for a reason Jim. This way when you adjust the width of your form, all elements scale automatically. If it was done by pixels, you would have to manually adjust each element to make them fit.

How about the option to choose how you want it? Pixels "or" percentages and those that want it in pixels will just have to be responsible for altering each element themselves? Just a thought :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jim Cantrell wrote:

How about the option to choose how you want it? Pixels "or" percentages and those that want it in pixels will just have to be responsible for altering each element themselves? Just a thought :)

That would be a MAJOR enhancement. If you want that level of customization, when you export the form, you can hack the CSS files and tweak them all you like. ;)
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jim Cantrell wrote:

I see what you are saying, the reason I mentioned it is that I am making a simple query form which is 200px wide to go into the left hand side column of a webpage, but I have sorted it now.
Jim
User 126492 Photo

Ambassador
1,524 posts

The being able to choose the colours of the labels etc is neat, however, when you select each label to change the colour, it doesn't pick the previous one you used, and if you try the copy and paste method with the hex code it throws an error as in attached image.
Attachments:
Jim
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jim Cantrell wrote:
The being able to choose the colours of the labels etc is neat, however, when you select each label to change the colour, it doesn't pick the previous one you used, and if you try the copy and paste method with the hex code it throws an error as in attached image.

Confirmed. Thanks for reporting this Jim. I will get this logged.
User 478050 Photo

8 posts

Hi:

I was playing a bit with the new version of WFB 1.0.

When you drag an element onto the form such as a title, you have the properties window on the right of the screen. Within those properties are the color changer.

How about having a traditional color cube option on the picker? This would make it much easier for us folks with limited vision to navigate.

Also wouldn't it be easier to be able to click on the element that you have placed on the form, and its properties show up there? Again, this would make it easier for people with limited vision to use the product.

I would still like to see the classis form builder menu and selection system available in this new version. That was much easier to navigate and see for the same reasons.

Besides that this is a good product... just trying to make it a better one for those of us with disabilities.

Howard:)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.