submit problems

User 300493 Photo


Registered User
77 posts

I have been using WFB for years on a number of websites, and as far as I know, there was never a problem with the submitting of information.

Recently (last few weeks) I have more problems and complaints than is comfortable.

Common problem is the following error:
Your form could not be submitted for the following reason(s):
Failed to send email to: xx@xxx.xx "


The interesting part of the problem is that the form does work for some people.
I have been testing from a number of computers (spent a full day driving from friend to friend and submitted the same form from a number of computers, using different ISP's, Browsers and Operating Systems) About 10% worked fine, but the other about 90% could not submit the form. I have not been able to find a common denominator for the systems that did submit.

I have created a new form using the latest WFB (2.9-5557) with the same results. (I have placed a website with booking form at this temp location: https://www.thewebman.co.za/acdformtest/ )

Is there anybody else with similar problems, or that could shed some light?

Many thanks in advance

User 300493 Photo


Registered User
77 posts

I now got an email error message from a client that shows the following:

A message that you sent was rejected by the local scanning code that
checks incoming messages on this system. The following error was given:
 
Email Rejected, Invalid From Address


Any idea why some 'from' addresses will be rejected?
User 2088758 Photo


Senior Advisor
2,985 posts
Online Now

Hi Faure,

I could not see this form at this link. Can you send me a link to the web form and maybe i can pinpoint whats going on.

On another note what software did you use for that carousel slider under your navigation.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2088758 Photo


Senior Advisor
2,985 posts
Online Now

I tested the booking form and got the following.
Not sure whats going on here. if you wanted to share your project file for this I could take a look at it tonight.
Attachments:
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 122279 Photo


Senior Advisor
13,768 posts

Steve, Faure is using Materialize, and the carousel is a component of that. It is included in the Matco template.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway
This site was made before we were able to create components through the app:
Component sharing for RFF, RBB, RSD and SD: https://eikweb.com/sharing/
My work in progress right now:
Components for the same as above + HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com


User 300493 Photo


Registered User
77 posts

Steve, you got to the problem I have.
Thanks for helping.

Project file attached. (Just rename .txt to .fb)

Inger is right about where the slider is from.
Attachments:
User 187934 Photo


Senior Advisor
19,678 posts

Does that email address exist? webman or is it thewebman?
Failed to send an email to "webman@thewebman.co.za".
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 300493 Photo


Registered User
77 posts

Eric, I think you are onto something.

However, it does work from some computers.

While testing, we tried with identical information from two computers side by side. One worked, the other failed.
User 300493 Photo


Registered User
77 posts

Yes, Eric. That email is valid.

Error is with the FROM email
User 187934 Photo


Senior Advisor
19,678 posts

I tested and saw the same error but I also got a server message telling me of the email failure. Contact your host or try manually configuring your smpt settings.
https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … m-builder/
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.