Silly newbie question - Post ID 176322

User 2255295 Photo

8 posts

I am realllllly new at this website stuff and I was wondering, how do I manipulate the form data to get reports with output in the order I need for import into my software? I know this must be a huge answer but I don't even know where to begin. Thanks for ANY answers. :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Barbara

The FULL version which is scheduled to be released very soon will have the ability to export all of your data to a .csv file. You can then import that file into your spreadsheet program.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2255295 Photo

8 posts

Holy C*** the two times I ask a question I get awesome answers right away. I can't wait for that new version!! Double woo hoo :D
User 343104 Photo

23 posts

Hi - I just purchased the full edition yesterday. I have the form exported for manual server setup and uploaded to my website. I also created an index.html file which brings up the form successfully.

I was expecting to be able to save the data to a csv file in a subdirectory but that has not worked even though the form says it posts successfully and lists out the field contents. I also tried re-exporting after changing the csv file location to be in the public_html directory. That didn't capture any data either.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? any hints on file permissions once I do get it working? I don't want the membership data viewable except by my site userid and pw.

Thanks,
Craig
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Craig,
The default location for the csv file is in the 'csv' folder in the 'storage' folder, which is part of the folder you exported/uploaded. If you take a look there, on your server, you should find it.
Let us know it's not there! ;)
User 343104 Photo

23 posts

WOW it was that easy!!! THANK YOU!!!

Do you happen to know if storage was chosen because it defaults with proper permissions to keep it secure? I'm storing address and email information from our membership in the file so that is important.

Thanks,
Craig
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

No, it's not secure by default. I can access mine directly from the browser just by specifying the path...
User 343104 Photo

23 posts

Can anyone offer advice on securing the file? Should it be limited to read/write for the owner/group and write only for public?

Thanks,
Craig
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would think you can secure the file(s) using Website Access Manager without too much difficulty and just create yourself an account that has access to it for yourself.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.