signature element - mysql - preview -...

User 506998 Photo

164 posts

1 - Does the signature element contribute to the csv or the mysql db in any way?
2 - It doesn't seem to preview in any browser - is this correct... because of code that needs to be on the server?
3 - Is it a required element by default, as there is no selection to make it required ?
(I'm aware someone could just make a dot and that would probably pass as a signature.)
4 - And lastly, I guess there's no way to position it in a different location other than just before submit...?
Thanks as always.... gp
User 506998 Photo

164 posts

OK... I got off my ass and did another form for testing...
It does save the name of the png file, generated by the signature element, in the csv and the actual file is attached to the email notification. The prefix name entered in properties comes before a random alphanumeric of 6 characters in the generated image file name.
It does preview a simple name, email, signature test form I created, but the signature element does not preview in my larger form that has a bit of custom html content.
It is required by default - great - since there is no setting for this... though it will submit even if just a dot is made on the screen... and of course, there's nothing to be done about that.... :D
As far as moving the position of the signature within the form... I rek it can't be done without editing the code after generating the form in Form Builder and it's not worth the hassle - I can live with it at the bottom.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.