Saving Updates To The Form
I tend to make several updates to the form and for whatever reason I just made 3 updates, saved the form and then did a manual update to my server...several files updated with a new save date, however my form output is still the same.
I changed the HTML Auto Reply, HTML Form Submission Information and Form Subject title...I have saved, re-saved and re-uploaded several times...still the same as it was the first time.
I guess what I am wondering is there anyone else seeing this issue and what they are doing to correct that?
Also, how do I know that when I click SAVE that I am actually overwriting that information?
I like the form builder for the most part but it's kind of unpredictable when making changes.
I find my self always checking the file properties to see if it's been changed at the date and time I know I saved it.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.
This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
1. When you hover over the Save button - it changes colour. When you click it - it changes to a darker shade whilst saving the data then it reverts back to original hover colour.
2. Play Safe! - Save As - Confirm Overwrite - now and again.
3. After amending a form - before I upload, I close any tabs in IE9 that are displaying my forms and delete the history.
4. I design the Notification and Auto-Response emails in HTML Editor, so that I can preview them, I then copy and paste them into the 'Configure Email Message' area in WFB.
5. For the Confirmation Message - I select - 'Redirect to another URL' - I then design the page in HTML Editor and simply upload it to my server...... Nice and Easy
6. At the top or bottom of all my Forms, I always put a Reference Number as Plain Text. for example: 3101121610 - indicates - form updated on 31st Jan 2012 at 16:10hrs. When the form is uploaded you can immediately see whether you are viewing the updated form.
Works for me
Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.