Problems Saving data to MySQL - Post...

User 1109079 Photo

6 posts

I ceated a form and set it to save the data to MySQL. However the table has been created but the feilds have not. all I have in there is rowid - id - name - fdata. I don't get any error messages. I also set-up the same form to save to txt file and that works fine? I can't see any other notes about it so I can only guess I'm doing something wrong! Please Help me............
User 132002 Photo

131 posts

Cleon Turner wrote:
I ceated a form and set it to save the data to MySQL. However the table has been created but the feilds have not. all I have in there is rowid - id - name - fdata. I don't get any error messages. I also set-up the same form to save to txt file and that works fine? I can't see any other notes about it so I can only guess I'm doing something wrong! Please Help me............

What exactly did you do.
I have no problems with this.
Søren, Denmark
User 1109079 Photo

6 posts

The same as I did with the previous version. using the same settings ect. The new version will not create the table correctly thus not saving the data. I'm not getting any errors at all so no idea what is going on.
User 132002 Photo

131 posts

Cleon Turner wrote:
The same as I did with the previous version. using the same settings ect. The new version will not create the table correctly thus not saving the data. I'm not getting any errors at all so no idea what is going on.

After making the Manual Server Setup Web Form Builder creates a folder with the name you gave your form.
Did you upload this folder to your server and also the generated php file?.
Søren, Denmark
User 1109079 Photo

6 posts

Yes, The form works perfect. Data is stored in the form-results.csv file perfectly, I receive the e-mail perfectly. Just the MySQL table is not correct. Must have the correct Permissions and connects to the database as It creates the table ok just not all the form feilds are there... http://www.intellisoft.com.ph/project-application.html
User 1109079 Photo

6 posts

Created a new form and i still have the same issue.
User 1109079 Photo

6 posts

I have found a work-around:):):):):):):):):)

If I have the Captcha on the form when i first add data the table and fields are not created.
If I remove then no problem.
Then once the table is created add the Captcha back to the form and all is working fine.
User 132002 Photo

131 posts

Cleon Turner wrote:
I have found a work-around:):):):):):):):):)

If I have the Captcha on the form when i first add data the table and fields are not created.
If I remove then no problem.
Then once the table is created add the Captcha back to the form and all is working fine.

Nice to hear you found a solution.
Let's hope the guys at CC will see this topic.
I guess it should work even with the Captcha on the form the first time.
Søren, Denmark
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey Cleon,

I tried replicating that same process on two different hosting providers with reCAPTCHA enabled and the table was created and the fields were populated with the correct information. I will keep trying to replicate the issue, but so far it seems to be working. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.