Positioning elements on form - Post...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Sandra Harrison wrote:
I don't see my last response so here it is again. If I wanted the labels on top of the input box it would have taken no time at all to accomplish. I want the labels to the left of the input box. That is where the problem lies. Can't position elements where I want them. I guess the developers of the new form builder know what I want better than I do.

No need to get snippy Sandra. ;)

I am sure we will make further adjustments to the software to accomodate these types of requests. You have to admit, the form does look better with them on top though. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Sandra Harrison wrote:
I don't see my last response so here it is again. If I wanted the labels on top of the input box it would have taken no time at all to accomplish. I want the labels to the left of the input box. That is where the problem lies. Can't position elements where I want them. I guess the developers of the new form builder know what I want better than I do.

Uh, I may be missing something here, but when I go to "Form Options" and click in "Label Position" selecting "Left", all of my labels move "to the left" of the input boxes... Is this not what you're wanting?
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 10674 Photo

17 posts

Yes, they move to the left. But, they are not next to the input box. The input box doesn't move to the left it stays where it is and the label moves. I want something like -- Name: <input box> on the left side of the form. I get either --Name: <input box> OR -- Name: <input box>
User 10674 Photo

17 posts

Sorry, posting the message compacted my spaces so the message doesn't make a lot of sense.
Name: (lots of spaces)<input box> OR (lots of spaces) Name: <input bos>
User 10674 Photo

17 posts

Scott,
I only got "snipy" because I tried to tell you what I wanted and twice you told me it only took 8 minutes to create the form that had the names on top. I don't like being talked to like I don't know what I am saying.
The labels may look better with the labels on top if the form is fairly short. My form is very long the labels on top only make it longer. Sometimes there are reasons for a form designer to do what they want to do.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Sandra - Ok, I just played around a bit more... Try changing it to "Right" and see how you like it. It puts it right next to the text input box on my form.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 490675 Photo

8 posts

I have to agree with the frustration with regards to positioning elements on the form. I would prefer a straight drag and drop anywhere on the form for both text labels and the fields themselves ... as well as the submit button.

I wanted a super simple form that just has some text, one field, and a submit button (it's used as an entry to the site). It should have only taken up a small space; however, because there's so much blank space between elements and because the "submit / footer" isn't reposition-able, it's so much bigger than the space I have dedicated to this little form. I wish I could move the field freely, as well as the submit button.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Amber,

Please go to the Suggestions forum for FB and place your comments there too so they are all in one place for the Devs. This way they won't get lost in this post and missed by those that need to hear/see them :)
User 10674 Photo

17 posts

Sandra - Ok, I just played around a bit more... Try changing it to "Right" and see how you like it. It puts it right next to the text input box on my form.

You're right - it does move the label next to the input box but then you can't position the elements so they line up properly from line to line. I can have one but not both.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.