Not get submission emails or page...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Evelyn Charles wrote:
Well to put to rest this issue (hopefully) you can go to the articles link in the support tab of CoffeeCup and read article ID: 936 "Overriding the default "from:" address.... So, just as I suspected the form builder software is creating these email addresses based on the name of your form and your domain name. That was pretty obvious. Now, I will look into inserting the workaround they suggest so it can use the email address I want not the ones it creates.

That feature is built into the software now. Just enter your email address in the FROM field.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 439152 Photo

36 posts

I'm just curious why you would want your own email address in the FROM field? I've been adding [email] to the FROM section on the "email notices" tab of the "settings" panel ([email] being the name value of the email input on my forms, also the same value I enter in the "reply-to" section on the email notices tab). I'm not sure if this is supposed to work, but it has been. When I get a form response, it arrives in my email client "From" the email address entered by the form user.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Troy Way wrote:
I'm just curious why you would want your own email address in the FROM field? I've been adding [email] to the FROM section on the "email notices" tab of the "settings" panel ([email] being the name value of the email input on my forms, also the same value I enter in the "reply-to" section on the email notices tab). I'm not sure if this is supposed to work, but it has been. When I get a form response, it arrives in my email client "From" the email address entered by the form user.

The configuration allows for multiple options. Some people like to have forms come from certain addresses so they can setup filtering. You also have the option to add something like [email] so the form comes from whatever email address was entered into the form.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 439152 Photo

36 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
The configuration allows for multiple options. Some people like to have forms come from certain addresses so they can setup filtering. You also have the option to add something like [email] so the form comes from whatever email address was entered into the form.

Great, thanks! It's always good to know something is working because its supposed to work that way, not just because its a fluke... ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.