not compatible anymore with php...

User 276801 Photo

16 posts

My webhost just upgraded to php 7.2.30, now web forms produce an error. It seems they are using an oudated code in config.inc.php. From what I cna see on the web the use of _autoload is not advised

Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home/ongdfruh/public_html/WEBSITES/bajacaravans.com/signup/fbapp/php/config.inc.php on line 64
User 276801 Photo

16 posts

OK, web form builder is not compatble with Php 7.2. They may fix that in a later version but the issue is it then will not be compatible with some lower php versions. I have fopund i can downgrade my domains in the control panel of the host to 7.0, so at least for myself, the issue is solved.
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Good to know. I was thinking it was in the 5.4 range from a message somewhere. CoffeeCup is aware of this issue.
Learn something, Share something.
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

Well...I'm confused... my sites are on 7.2 and the forms still work??? I host with 1and1
User 276801 Photo

16 posts

maybe the build. 7.2.3 I am on Hostwinds
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

Interesting....1and1 does not carry the decimal...they are even recommending 7.3 and have available 7.4...see the attached to see that they "recommend" 7.3
Attachments:
User 276801 Photo

16 posts

The only thing using php on my sites is web form builder, so I am going to leave them back a version as long as I can.The good thing about this is I discovered in my control panel that I have control over the php version on each individual domain on my host. BTW Hostwinds is the best hosting company I have ever used. They are super fast responding to issues. I was forced to change when ixwebosting closed down. They sold off to Site5 which turned out to be awful.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.