Manual Export Method. - Post ID 176324

User 514943 Photo

125 posts

I would prefer to host the forms on my webhosting provider service. I have added the MySQL data base to my phpAdmin. Created a table within the data base. The contact form has four lines:

1. Name
2. Email
3. Confirm
4. How may I assist you?

The table I created, I placed 4 columns.

My question, do I label the table exactly as my form- column 1 Name, column 2 Email, etc? Is the capital letter important? The database table has other blanks that will need to be filled in.

My second question, will the form fill in those blanks or do I need to prefill in the spaces on the table?

Lastly, where can I go for more detailed information on this matter?

Thanks to all for your input.

Happy New Year!

Debra
Love those Nikon's!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You are doing it the hard way Debra. All you need to do is create the database and table. The software does the reset for you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Okay, great.

I have never added a table to the database. So from my understanding, I have created the database. Added a table (Bluehost asked me for how many columns). I used the wizard setup for the database. Called Bluehost and they instructed me on how to create a table.

Will leave the rest alone and try out what I have done so far. Will let you know how it went.

Many thanks.

Debra
Love those Nikon's!
User 2326450 Photo

1 post

Hi, I also built a form with Web Form Builder and used Manual Server Setup to set it up.
See it works at http://www.wattagan.com/files/gg/addevent.html
Returns success response and sends confirmation and notification emails.
But doesn't add the content to MySQL.
Sure I have set up the MySQL settings properly, checked a number of times but simply doesn't add the data. No error messages or any way for me to find out what the problem is.
All form field names have exact same spelling as database table fields.

So how do I track down what is happening (not happening) ?
Is there some debug log or something ?
Thanks Phil D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Phil wrote:
Hi, I also built a form with Web Form Builder and used Manual Server Setup to set it up.
See it works at http://www.wattagan.com/files/gg/addevent.html
Returns success response and sends confirmation and notification emails.
But doesn't add the content to MySQL.
Sure I have set up the MySQL settings properly, checked a number of times but simply doesn't add the data. No error messages or any way for me to find out what the problem is.
All form field names have exact same spelling as database table fields.

So how do I track down what is happening (not happening) ?
Is there some debug log or something ?
Thanks Phil D

Look inside of the storage folder and you will find a log file. You should be able to determine what the issue is inside of there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.