MailChimp Sync Not Working :( - Post...

User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

I followed the intructions - opened a new MailChimp account etc....

I obtained the API key for the list i created, entered this into the config on CC Formbuilder. I have run a few tests with the form - but it doesnt send the contacts over to MailChimp.

I had assumed this was automatic - am I missing something?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Tony,

Please check again later and see if they have updated on MailChimp. I have heard a few people say that it wasn't instant and that it sometimes took a little while. If they aren't there by tomorrow or even later this evening, please post again with your site page link to the form so we can then take a look at it and see what might be amiss :)
User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

aargh i replied - but it didnt post...

I just wanted to check i insert the API code not the LIst ID# into CCFB?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Are you using the double opt-in or single opt-in method? If the double method, nothing will appear in MainChimp until you click the link in the email.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

I am using the form for a "quote request" but holding the email for future mailings/ promos.

This is something i have done manually ....until now (hopefully)

...and try as I might, i cant find this option in the list settings on MailChimp...
User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

Ok I have it now - they call it "a final welcome email"

I'll give this a go...
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Tony Whittam wrote:
Ok I have it now - they call it "a final welcome email"

I'll give this a go...

There you go! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

Hmmm - still not working.

is it the API code i need or the list code?

The CC app asks for the API - but how does it know which list to add it to then?
User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

Ok I figured this out.

When i first keyed the API code into CCFB i had no list - therefore it didnt pick up a list or fields to match with.

It appears to be a one shot deal - so i entered the ID# - got an error then added the API code again - and hey presto, the lilst (i had subsequently created) showed up. This allows its selection and field matching too.

Obvious really.....always is when you have the answer :)
User 1907110 Photo

8 posts

Just to finish off - this works - and its almost instant. Perfect :lol:

its important to create the Chimp account AND create a list before adding the API.

This then shows up more clearlt the single opt-in and double opt-in options.
As this is a quote request,single opt-in works here.

The only thing the form lacks is the ability to put links in (from the application, as opposed to editing code).

A link to T&C's is very important as this is the contract between client and provider. I have put a link above the form to make this more obvious. There IS a legal requirement to make this obvious and highlight it to website visitors. ...be nice to have it alongside the submit button

I dont think its complex (?) to add this to app....c'mon guys, get it in there!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.