MailChimp compatibility error message...

User 1840400 Photo

17 posts

I have followed all the instructions in the forums and support docs. about matching the fields in the form to those in mail chimp. I have changed the max. length of all fields to 25 to be compatible with mail chimp. I have changed all fields set as required in Mail chimp to be required fields in Form Builder but in spite of all these changes and multiple saves refreshes and even restarts, I'm getting the exact same errors on the exact same fields.

Set length to 25 and make fields required - it seems as though none of the changes I'm making are actually registering in the program itself??

I'm using the latest version of Form Builder. I have checked the mail chimp list several times and cannot see why this is occurring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

After you make any changes inside of MailChimp, you need to go to Settings > Mail Chimp and click the "refresh" button. This will then bring down your new settings in the software.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1840400 Photo

17 posts

Yep I did that several times to no avail. I'm still getting the same errors for the same fields!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

PICNIC wrote:
Yep I did that several times to no avail. I'm still getting the same errors for the same fields!

If you are still getting the same errors, that means what you setup in Mail Chimp is not correct. Form Builder will keep comparing the settings with the form elements and Mail Chimp each time you hit refresh. It won't work until both are identical.

Keep trying. I guarantee you it will work. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.