html code showing in email subject...

User 430607 Photo

24 posts

Hello,

Using new form builder lite and s-drive.

The notification emails that I receive have a load of table html code in the subject line, such as <table>, <tr>, </td>, Your Name, etc.

Have I managed to mess something up (it has been known...)?

Regards - Andrew C.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

It sounds like it. ;) Go into the Settings > Email Notices > Configure email message and check your code.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 430607 Photo

24 posts

Thanks Scott. Problem now resolved.

As you suspected, the fault was in my modifications to the configure email message code.

Most things work better before I modify them...

I do like the new form builder, and your people are to be congratulated on all the work behind the scenes to make new products a reality.

Regards - Andrew C.
User 2325363 Photo

5 posts

getting this same kind of thing in the new version.. the subject of the message has html table code in it. I've not changed anything from the default code generated by the form builder.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Rob Freyder wrote:
getting this same kind of thing in the new version.. the subject of the message has html table code in it. I've not changed anything from the default code generated by the form builder.

I will bet you if you go into the Settings > Email Notices > Configure email message that you have something you shouldn't have in the subject field.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2325363 Photo

5 posts

Scott,

Thanks. I hadn't changed anything on that page...
I just went with the defaults.

But please tell me why on earth would you make the default value for the subject line [form results] as opposed to a text message? I'm assuming at this point its a bug.

Please let me know where I have it wrong.

Thanks,
Rob.

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Rob Freyder wrote:
Scott,

Thanks. I hadn't changed anything on that page...
I just went with the defaults.

But please tell me why on earth would you make the default value for the subject line [form results] as opposed to a text message? I'm assuming at this point its a bug.

Please let me know where I have it wrong.

Thanks,
Rob.

The default value for both subject lines is "Thank you for your submission". If something else is there, that would mean you put it there. Try it yourself by creating a new form and then go back to the Configure email message and you will see.
User 2007025 Photo

3 posts

Having the same trouble....not human error.
User 2007025 Photo

3 posts

just did what Scott recommend.....seems like a bug! No luck. What's the deal?
User 2007025 Photo

3 posts

What I noticed is that f you delete the 2 Coffee Cup canned lower messages in the html, it works. Weird.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.