How do I place a CSV file on my...

User 2299545 Photo

7 posts

I would like to know how to place a CSV file on my server so that I can save the form data when it is filled out on my web site. I would also like to know if there is a way to automatically forward the form data via email as an encrypted attachment. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Harry
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The software does this automatically for you Harry. Just enable it under the Settings > Saving Data

There is no way I know of on how to encrypt the data. I am sure it is technically possible though. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2299545 Photo

7 posts

Thanks Scott. I was able to create the file, but apparently if more than one form is submitted, it will overwrite the previous CSV file. Is there a way to store more than one CSV file so that any and all forms submitted can be retrieved later?

Harry
User 2299545 Photo

7 posts

I guess not
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Did you try changing the form-results.csv to a different name for each form?
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2299545 Photo

7 posts

Hi Eric. I'm not sure what you mean. If I follow you, that would mean that each time a form is submitted, I would have to go in to the CSV file and alter the name. What if several forms are submitted in a couple of hours and I am unable to get to the files in time? I am wondering if the CSV files can be made to change from form-results.csv to form-results1.csv, form-results2.csv, form-results3.csv......etc as they are created. Thanks for the response.

Harry
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You do this in the software Harry for each form. Go to the Settings > Saving Data and give the csv file a unique file name.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Harry Bernstein wrote:
...I was able to create the file, but apparently if more than one form is submitted, it will overwrite the previous CSV file. Is there a way to store more than one CSV file so that any and all forms submitted can be retrieved later?...

Harry, please clarify a couple of things:

1. "...I was able to create the file,..."
I'm not sure what you mean by this, since the program automatically creates the file for you...(?)
2. Are you talking about multiple submittals of the same form on your site? If so, the form results are just added to the csv file and there is no over-writing.
3. If, instead, you are talking about submittals to different forms on the same website, then they simply have to be given different, unique names as Scott pointed out.
User 2299545 Photo

7 posts

Hi. Thanks for responding. The form would be used by multiple people and submitted with different information from each person. (Number 2 in your query above). Since the name of the CSV file does not change, I assume that a new submission will overwrite the data from a previous submission....or am I wrong about that?

Harry
User 2299545 Photo

7 posts

I tested it, and it does indeed overwrite the previous CSV submission with the new CSV submission. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Harry

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.