Help on form - Post ID 205200

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

rich hupfeld wrote:
Scott On my Linux server with Host Gator I see NO form.cfg.php

It has to be there. Your form cannot function without it. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

it's in the folder you uploaded for your form.
User 521590 Photo

56 posts

THANKS FOR INFO! So the file is local and not on my server? I had no clue editing a form reply was this hard. I just need to change the reply ok without having to be a programing guru.

My PRESENT form works but the auto reply needs to be changed with different text that is all.

I can open php or xml or whatever on my server........but why do I need to do these changes in coffee cup?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

you don't need to make those changes in coffee cup, just realize that if you make these changes you'll be settling for always making changes outside the software as you're already aware that if you change it inside the software it will overwrite your external changes. The software doesn't import changes made externally. Other than that you can edit anything you want, just watch out so you don't break your form and you should be fine :)
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,195 posts

:rolleyes:
Eric Rohloff wrote:
Why not change it in the app?:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

rich hupfeld wrote:
If I do it in the app it rewrites all the files which I must than upload. It puts back in all the info that this
is a coffee cup form etc..................

I wish to just open the php or xml or whatever file on my server and edit the reply from one verbage to another.

I am a registered user and bought the software and I am just looking for an easier way not to have to remove all reference to coffee cup software from my form.

Simple question what file does the app Web Form Builder that houses the email auto reply feature live in on my server so I may change just the reply?

*Pokes Eric* Tag you're it! :P
User 521590 Photo

56 posts

I opened the myformname.php in DW 6 and edited in code view that one line of text I needed to change and it works perfect now.

Thanks
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it working Rich, good luck and enjoy!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.